Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone wave anymore?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my M3 early last week and nice drive back from Heathrow to Dorset.

Passed one MX, no wave.

Since then have passed at least a dozen MS, MX and one M3 and nothing!

Now I’m feeling like a bit of a clown waving at people!

Is waving at other Tesla drivers not a thing anymore?
Here, you're lucky if they don't make eye contact and point a gat at you...or flip you off.

I always intend to wave, but by the time my brain registers the oncoming car is another Tesla, they have already passed. I’m not usually on the lookout for a Tesla as they are not that common on my commute. I think there is a Grey Model S that commutes between Chepstow and Coleford as I’ve spotted it couple of times now.

I got waved at, and returned the greeting, when driving through Chepstow recently :) I was also waved at but didn’t see this, by another Tesla driver a couple of days later. Had non waving back guilt when advised of this by my daughter.

I get this non wave guilt too!!! I'm just not quick enough. I think the vehicle should have a feature where it detects other Tesla's and turns off one of the headlights when passing each other, like a gentle acknowledgement. kinda like a wink

I have been pleasantly surprised by the number of waves I have had from fellow M3 drivers.

I do feel a bit out of place waving to other models though, and that this may be acting above my station. Is there an etiquette? Should I wait for the MS to wave first (although I doubt I'd have the chance) ....

I have been pleasantly surprised by the number of waves I have had from fellow M3 drivers.

I do feel a bit out of place waving to other models though, and that this may be acting above my station. Is there an etiquette? Should I wait for the MS to wave first (although I doubt I'd have the chance) ....
Well you wouldn't want to act above your station. Totally understandable. Just salute Model S drivers.