Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone wave anymore?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In London and I don't think anyone waves.

I see quite a few Tesla's around. Never a wave.

That's very disappointing ... so here's one:
tenor.gif

Ooo this reminded me - I wasn’t in the model 3, was driving my wife’s car - a spotted from Monday evening around 17.45.

Blue Model 3 70-plate reg ending in HFF on the A477 Pembs near the Broadmoor/Jeffreyston traffic light junction - I thought about waving but that would have been a bit odd !

Car looked lovely and shiny in deep blue.

I didn’t realise it was a thing! Just joined this forum as I was looking something up, and had realised I was getting the odd wave from other Tesla’s - so looked it up. Maybe newer drivers just don’t know? I shall make sure I wave in future. I know to start with I was getting flashed all the time due to the headlights!!!!!

• Funny
Reactions: drewpost
When I got my first Tesla 4 years ago to see another was a rarity, and consequently eyes were always pealed and waves were nigh on 100% reciprocated. Nowadays it’s not the same, although I tend to find the S/X drivers more aware of my car than 3 drivers.

Either way it’s great to see another Tesla and reminds me that’s another ICE that hasn’t been bought.

I like a good wave but sadly it's not a thing anymore. It's actually a good thing and shows that Tesla is achieving its dream. Whatever our personal love or loathe of Tesla the wider world now sees the M3 as just "a car" which is kind of it's point. It's not a fancy strange EV, it's not from Mars, it's just "a car" which is where the world needs to be.

I should caveat that it's probably THE car at the moment. Any family sized EV comes out it's compared to the Model 3. It's set the standard for the new normal. Sadly we don't wave at normal.

Although I did exchange knowing nods with a fellow performance owner the other day "red line? Yup!"

• Love
Reactions: MichaelP90DL