Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone wave anymore?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me too, although I have to say that i seldom receive a wave from M3 drivers who, around here, are mostly ladies:rolleyes:.

Managed to get a 'reply' yesterday from a MS (male driver). I have to say that MS and MX are by far the most likely to 'reply'.

I had an M3 driver wave at me in Edinburgh earlier this week, and then a blue M3 in North Berwick wave yesterday or the day before.
I didn’t realise this was a thing so if you were one of those drivers, apologies if I was rude, I’ll be friendlier next time!

I'm waving at you now ... ! (It wasn't me actually.) I try to wave if I spot the car in time ... :)

KEEP. WAVING!!!

this way we will restart the tradition! I always felt a Keats at waving.. but I got a few vases recently and I started doing it.
As I’ve seen it it’s more the M3 that wave. Maybe MS and MX feel like M3s are peasants! 🤣🤣🤣
It's usually too late by the time I recognize a Tesla coming from the opposite direction, and usually it's my wife saying "that was Tesla".

When I had a Model S loaner, on a few occasions of charging at superchargers, I've talked with some Model S drivers and the impression I got was the extra congestion Model 3 caused and Tesla not able to keep up with the extra demand. I wasn't able to approach any Model X drivers as they seem busy inside their car, but maybe I was seen arriving with a Model S.😂

It's usually too late by the time I recognize a Tesla coming from the opposite direction, and usually it's my wife saying "that was Tesla".

When I had a Model S loaner, on a few occasions of charging at superchargers, I've talked with some Model S drivers and the impression I got was the extra congestion Model 3 caused and Tesla not able to keep up with the extra demand. I wasn't able to approach any Model X drivers as they seem busy inside their car, but maybe I was seen arriving with a Model S.😂
You have to understand the Tesla cliques. We S drivers rarely acknowledge the lower orders of 3's unless they tug their forelocks when we might lift a chin in acceptance. As for the X crowd, think lottery winners. nouveau ruche and chelsea tractors - brash but no breeding:cool::D

My wife and children cringe when I wave at Tesla’s. Ours is virtually brand news.

They tell me it’s embarrassing and tell me not to try and make it a thing.
My more recent experience is that it’s the kids that wave not the adults. That seems to have ended now. I’m assuming because the cars are being chosen because of their cost benefit and not by enthusiasts. Perhaps that’s a good thing.

You have to understand the Tesla cliques. We S drivers rarely acknowledge the lower orders of 3's unless they tug their forelocks when we might lift a chin in acceptance. As for the X crowd, think lottery winners. nouveau ruche and chelsea tractors - brash but no breeding:cool::D
When I owned a 1980s soft top Jeep Wrangler in the USA I got a lot of waves from fellow Jeep drivers. Mine was the classic shape with with round headlights. I was advised by a fellow ‘round-headlighter’ that the square headlight newbies never returned a wave.

They’re like Sneetches.

You need to go back further in time.. when AA/RAC motorcycles saluted their members badges and when petrol station attendants filled the car for you and cleaned the windscreen and fetched any items from the kiosk... Indeed of oen saw another GB badge in europe it was reason to pull over, fire up the primus and brew, discuss the routes and share out the spares. You could never rely on a journey being completed without some maintenance: eggs to the 50 miles for the leaky rad, pints oil, another patch on the inner tube....

Hell, I wave at every Tesla, provided I notice them in time.