Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone wave anymore?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I rarely wave nowadays. In fact, I’ve been keeping a personal tally on it and it’s been well over 40 days since I last went for a drive and didn’t see a Tesla. The M4 corridor between Bristol and Cardiff feels like the model 3 must be the most popular selling car in the UK. (I don’t think it even cracked the top 10)

I didn't wave much when I got my car only because I rarely used it during Lockdown One. That month (April 20), the Model 3 was also the UK's best selling car.

During last summer I did wave quite frequently & this was mostly reciprocated at first but then happened less and less. Since then there are so many Model 3s local to me that waving seems rather pointless, one owner charging at Tesco even said he finds it annoying and rather embarrassing.

I don't wave any more unless someone else initiates it. Few people seem to take notice or look at Teslas' now as on almost every journey I see several, including S & X Models.

Altrincham in greater Manchester - had the car since march and only had 2 people ever wave. This place is full of Tesla's. Love it but wish people would wave more.

Living in a distant countryside area at the height of lockdown you could have believed there had been a nuclear holocaust affecting the rest of the world ... so we were happy to wave if we saw a human let alone a Tesla! :eek: ... since then all has changed again ... now I'm back to scowling at suspicious non-locals in the expected traditional manner! :D

Waving ! I'd be happy with a smile and bit of eye contact with a fellow tesla owner when stopped next to him/her at a traffic light. The only acknowledgement I get now is thumbs up from boy racers in their hot hatchbacks with blacked out windows, lowered suspension and exhaust pipes the size of buckets.

Hell even at Tesla super chargers people don't seem to acknowledge each other much. I remember in the good old day's (2019) you would always find yourself chatting to the new model 3 owners trading experiences and/or helping them with their 1st supercharger session, while in the background model S owners ignored us.

We British are largely not great at spontaneous engagement with strangers (like minded or not) at the best of times so I am not too surprised.

Seen lots of Tesla’s since picking mine up in December, but today was the first time one waved at me! Unfortunately I was too distracted by the pickup in front braking randomly and missed it.

So if you were in a white Tesla Model 3 driving to the Interchange Retail Park in Bedford this evening… 👋🏻

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Lots of waves this week in the South (M25, M11, M1, A1). I even exchanged thumbs up with a guy heading back to his M3 in Guildford Tesco car park whilst I was sat in mine. Interestingly, we'd both parked just about as far away from the store as you could get with no other cars around us!

Loving the waves. I feel bad when I miss one of you.

Day out at Anglesey Abbey, Cambridge today. Saw two other Model 3’s in the car park,a 60 and 70 plate. both blue. Mine was the 10 plate.
Were you there?
And then waved to white one on the A10 and saw another white one parked up.
We’re everywhere!

Aye, when I were a lad way back in 2019 you could go weeks between Model 3 sightings ... it used to be all fields round here ...

Day out at Anglesey Abbey, Cambridge today. Saw two other Model 3’s in the car park,a 60 and 70 plate. both blue. Mine was the 10 plate.
Were you there?
And then waved to white one on the A10 and saw another white one parked up.
We’re everywhere!
Plus… I waved to a black one that overtook me on the outward journey on the A11. (I was conserving watts at 65mph!)