Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone wave anymore?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the record - and I am embarrassed to admit this - back in the late 60's I drove (aimed) the legend that was the Reliant Regal and without fail every other Reliant would wave frantically - OMG what have I confessed to?
I’m not sure I could be burdened with that and keep it together. 😉
I bet that’s a weight off of your shoulders now. Breathe a sigh of relief.

• Funny
Reactions: Adopado
I tend to give a little hand raise. Used to giving a wave nod from years riding motorbikes.

Mind you all the youngsters are more likeley to use some sort of antisocial media.......
Bikers still wave or nod to me when I’m on my bike. I pulled up at the traffic lights and we chatted while waiting before throttling away when they turned green. I still pull over when I see a fellow biker stopped to make sure they’re okay. It’s a different and friendly world compared to cars.

Holiday in south Wales, only one wave the entire time :( . I admit I only saw 4 Tesla's but that is a 75% no wave ratio.

Also, once back in England I've noticed Model Y owners don't wave, should I stop waving at them?

Boo
M3 drivers don’t wave and I’ve not seen a MY near me yet.

I did have a 2022 Aston Martin Vantage nod when I passed him. Not sure why. Unless he was acknowledging that he should have bought a top end fast as hell EV rather than a dirty Aston no matter how lovely it looked.

I’ve had an M3 since the start of December and never waived, and neither am I aware of anyone ever waiving at me… Must pay closer attention from now on. The amount of people I could have unknowingly annoyed!

What happens at a supercharger, does everyone go mad waving? How far from the SC does the waving protocol kick in again?? So many questions.

I’ve had an M3 since the start of December and never waived, and neither am I aware of anyone ever waiving at me… Must pay closer attention from now on. The amount of people I could have unknowingly annoyed!

Never mind, your wave has been waived. ;)

You can usually find someone to have a chat with at the Superchargers ... even better than waving!

What happens at a supercharger, does everyone go mad waving? How far from the SC does the waving protocol kick in again?? So many questions.
Mexican wave… 😁

Never mind, your wave has been waived. ;)

You can usually find someone to have a chat with at the Superchargers ... even better than waving!
Completely agree: I’ve had some lovely chats at superchargers with very patient people who told me the basics and last month found myself being the person who was asked, which was nice. Needless to say, I gave the standard advice:

1. At 2% there’s always 40 miles left in the tank, due to US Federal regulations
2. It’s good etiquette to park next to a sole car at a supercharger
3. The off switch for the radio is in the glovebox but it’s difficult to find unless you really try
4. The best and quickest electrons are at Ecotricity
5. Never charge at home unless your reproductive life is over.

Did I miss anything?

Completely agree: I’ve had some lovely chats at superchargers with very patient people who told me the basics and last month found myself being the person who was asked, which was nice. Needless to say, I gave the standard advice:

1. At 2% there’s always 40 miles left in the tank, due to US Federal regulations
2. It’s good etiquette to park next to a sole car at a supercharger
3. The off switch for the radio is in the glovebox but it’s difficult to find unless you really try
4. The best and quickest electrons are at Ecotricity
5. Never charge at home unless your reproductive life is over.

Did I miss anything?
Don’t forget to check tyre pressures after you’ve downloaded a software update, as the car will now be heavier.