Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone with AP1 (or pre-AP1) have got any 2019 software updates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The latest firmware going wide (2019.8.3) is compatible but Tesla has to push it and they don't seem to care to push it (AP1 and pre-AP can still get dog mode and the mirror geo feature. Frankly there is always the risk of additional bugs, so weigh whether those new features are worth the risk.

Reactions: BerTX
Just received 2019.8.6 today for our 2015 Tesla S (AP1). It has the "dog mode" and mirror fold option.

I wonder if our cars are too "old" to get the option to pre-heat the batteries for faster charging.

Seriously thinking about upgrading to a new Model S with HW3 for all the nice new features, once it is in production.

My AP1 X is still on 2018.50.6. I've been getting a little antsy - I think this might be the longest gap between updates in the two and a half years I've had the car.

Same here I'm running a 2012 Signature S85 and I'm stuck on 2018. 50. 6 "have been forever"

probably the only thing that I would gain out of any of the 2019 updates would be the dog mode which I would like to have just to display the message on the screen otherwise it's not that much different than cabin overheat protection or just setting my HVAC to remain on while I'm out of the car.