Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does AP 1.5 exist?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

number12

Supporting Member
Aug 16, 2016
Tesla
So many varying stories of AP 1.0 on here. I have one of latest AP1.0 produced. (Late sept delivery) and on 7.1 it is rock solid.

Anyway to know if model X or later edition have different camera or set up?

Items like different camera housing are never mentioned... so is there anywhere with a list of hardware, etc. specific to your car vs others?

TIA

I don't think there's a listing anywhere. We know that X hardware is physically different from S hardware (the Mobileye chip is buried in the dash on the X, connected by coax - in the S the chip is on the windshield in the rear view mirror mount,) but there's never been any indication I know of that different Xs or Ss had different hardware levels before AP2, or that the X hardware is functionally different from the S hardware.

Nope, what a few of us thought would happen never came to pass.

We figured since the Model X was shipping with the upgraded camera housing that it would soon get the Tri-camera, and that it would essentially be an AP 1.5, but that never came to pass.

We also thought AP 2.0 would have additional radar units. but that didn't happen either.

There's ample evidence in the cars that Tesla had planned to upgrade them, or at least to be able to - prewiring for the second camera, etc. However, I've never seen evidence that they released such a thing - I think it probably died as part of the Mobileye fallout.

Reactions: number12
It would really come to play in the secondary market. Comparing pre owned to pre owned.

Tesla would never do this to not Osborne, but every line change / upgrade should be recorded somewhere. Has to be some full disclosure law