Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does AP work for you on PCH?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to decide if AP is for me....
Can anyone confirm that AP 2.0 works on PCH anywhere between Santa Monica and Malibu? How about on Malibu Canyon Road or Kanan Dume?

AP2 stil needs to settle down some but the PCH is not a problem except the right lane guard rail south of Will Rogers Beach. Kanan Dume has more room to roam (and AP2 does) but Malibu Canyon is a no go for me without very vigilent, hands-on co piloting essentially disengaging more often than not. The power lines crossing the road cause momentary sudden deceleration, and there is very limited room for error regardless of travel direction.....the cliff or the rock face. TACC adjusts speed pretty well and no problem with either tunnel. Latigo will be the ulltimate AP2 litmus test! ;)

These are not 90mph roads, but I'm sure you know that.

• Informative
Reactions: RacerX
AP2 stil needs to settle down some but the PCH is not a problem except the right lane guard rail south of Will Rogers Beach. Kanan Dume has more room to roam (and AP2 does) but Malibu Canyon is a no go for me without very vigilent, hands-on co piloting essentially disengaging more often than not. The power lines crossing the road cause momentary sudden deceleration, and there is very limited room for error regardless of travel direction.....the cliff or the rock face. TACC adjusts speed pretty well and no problem with either tunnel. Latigo will be the ulltimate AP2 litmus test! ;)

These are not 90mph roads, but I'm sure you know that.
Excellent feedback. Thanks for your experience!

Just went canyon carving in my friends Audi SQ5 on kanan and wouldn't trust AP but it also is a fun road to drive the Tesla on. The PCH it should work at least between Temescal and Malibu/Pepperdine. I don't know about near the incline because there is so many people cutting people off to get into lots. It would be also quite fun on the hill north of Pepperdine and you could watch the surfers. You can use it but use it at your own risk.
Zack