Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does AP2.0 HW MX's Dash Cam record?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the clarification.

But That's unfortunate...hopefully they'll figure out a way to enable on 2.0. Hopefully we'll all get 3.0 HW upgrade one of these days.
2.0 simply lacks the outbound bandwidth to the USB ports to support camera recording. There's no way around it without changing the hardware... so we wait for 3.0 (at least those of us that have purchased FSD).

Supposedly, AP 2.0 will create a date/time-stamped file on a USB thumbdrive when something happens to the vehicle under Sentry mode. It will not record anything in the file. You at least know when something happened.

AP2.0 does not camera recording in any capacity, be it Dash Cam or Sentry Mode. AP2.5 and newer do.
yes, and reminds me of the reason why I still use my old Garmin nav unit when I drive. It constantly records forward video. Fortunately the MX does practically everything else that I used the Garmin for in the past, but it is still better at some things the Tesla firmware currently does not do.