Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

does autopilot disable by itself if tire pressure indicator warning shows up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello all,

does autopilot disable by itself if tire pressure indicator drop below 40 psi and tire pressure warning shows up? I was driving on hwy today and tire pressure drop below 40 psi due to change in the temp outside (getting colder). Every time I enable autopilot, it auto disable. Once tire pressure warning disappear, autopilot start to work fine.

Interesting that you mention 40 psi as the trigger. I did not add air to my Y long-range which arrived in March 2022 for months. Once I joined TeslaFi I would see tire pressures every time I looked, and they were generally in the 30s. I've pumped them up a bit, aiming for the spec 42 cold, but I still see some reported values below 40. I've never gotten a low pressure alert. I wonder where that trigger point is for my car.

It alerts for general low pressure but also alerts for imbalance.
I've have all tires at 37/38 and not got an alert, but as soon as one falls too far out from the others it shows an alert.
Regularly used AP with all at 38 without problem
Never tried it when I've got one tire far enough out to alert, I usually remedy the situation before it gets that far.

I had a slow leak for a year or so with one of my MXM4 tires. That leak from a nail was hard to patch perfectly because of location and blah blah blah. I had to add a pound or two of air every few weeks and I was too lazy to change it for the new replacement I had in the trunk. Anyway, the point is the pressure dropped into the 20s/psi every now and again and never altered AP. I do however have FSD/NOA and not FSD-beta at that point. Most of my 50k+ miles have been on NOA. Meaning tire pressure just based on a number did not traditionally affect AP/NOA. Understanding this was many updates ago and does not apply to a rapid leak.

Last edited:
I should add that I have at that time, and on a number of occasions, activated AP/NOA with the pressure in that one tire in the 20s and never had the car say........hey, get out of town idiot, you can't use AP/NOA with tire pressure like that........meaning I don't think just a pressure number would do it......

I would hope if the pressure went down rapidly AP would kick off, but that would likely happen for other reasons as well.