Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Autosteer include lane change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Solution
correction "Navigate on Autopilot" does not appear in my Autopilot menu

Because you dont have FSD.

Text from link above that is on teslas website, explaining the differences. You have "autopilot" as that comes with the car.

Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 6.22.04 PM.png
correction "Navigate on Autopilot" does not appear in my Autopilot menu

Text from link above that is on teslas website, explaining the differences. You have "autopilot" as that comes with the car.

Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 6.22.04 PM.png

Reactions: WhiteWi and 101dals
Upvote 0
Solution
So I just got a 2022 Model Y, with FSD. I enabled all the FSD settings, but when I'm navigating on the parkway, it doesnt put on turn signal and get off on the proper exit. Is it supposed to do this? Thanks

View attachment 778560

Upvote 0

View attachment 778560
“Autosteer builds upon Traffic-Aware Cruise Control (see Traffic-Aware Cruise Control), intelligently keeping Model 3 in its driving lane when cruising at a set speed. Autosteer also allows you to use the turn signals to move Model 3 into an adjacent lane (see Auto Lane Change). Autosteer detects lane markings and the presence of vehicles and objects to steer Model 3.”
B5A2236B-FF3C-49A4-890C-785083448444.jpeg

Upvote 0
One of my pet peeves is Autpilot’s complete disengagement when changing lanes. Our Clarity under “Lane Keep Assist“ would wiggle the steering wheel as a reminder you were leaving your lane, but would stay engaged and dutifully take back over in the new lane. I don’t see why Tesla couldn’t manage this as well.

It may seem like a small thing, but having to re-engage it maybe hundreds of times on a long drive is kind of annoying.

Upvote 0
One of my pet peeves is Autpilot’s complete disengagement when changing lanes. Our Clarity under “Lane Keep Assist“ would wiggle the steering wheel as a reminder you were leaving your lane, but would stay engaged and dutifully take back over in the new lane. I don’t see why Tesla couldn’t manage this as well.

It may seem like a small thing, but having to re-engage it maybe hundreds of times on a long drive is kind of annoying.
I was under the impression that Autosteer is disengaged when doing a lane change but it still maintains the speed and distance.

Upvote 0

It’s on purpose so you get annoyed and pay for FSD to get it to work how it works on almost every other car.

In my Golf R I had, the lane assist would pause when I turn on the signal and automatically re-engage when the lane change is complete.

Reactions: MattM24
Upvote 0
So I just got a 2022 Model Y, with FSD. I enabled all the FSD settings, but when I'm navigating on the parkway, it doesnt put on turn signal and get off on the proper exit. Is it supposed to do this? Thanks
I believe you would need to opt in and be accepted to the Beta program to get that feature. If you don't get in the Beta program you will eventually get that feature when they decide to push it to everyone. That could be a long while despite what Elon thinks.

In the screenshot up thread (post #5) that is the "Navigate on Autopilot (Beta)" feature.

Upvote 0