Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

does battery degradation plateau, or is it more straight-line, or what is the shape of the curve?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 70D with 2k miles on it in about 6 weeks. It was getting 211 miles range (at 90%) but is now down to 208. Losing 3 miles isn't a concern, but if degradation continues at anywhere near this rate, I'm definitely concerned about how things will look at 40k or 80k miles.

Reactions: Vince Cobelo
[at 90% SOC] My 70D started at 214-218, within a few weeks I was around 212-214, then shortly after down to 208-210, and it stabilized at 208. A year later (25k miles driven in that year), I'm still at 208.

I have a 70D with 2k miles on it in about 6 weeks. It was getting 211 miles range (at 90%) but is now down to 208. Losing 3 miles isn't a concern, but if degradation continues at anywhere near this rate, I'm definitely concerned about how things will look at 40k or 80k miles.

I have a 14 month old 70D with 20k miles and my 90% is around 205. Most of the drop came very early on and for the last 6 months it has barely changed. Hopefully, you will see the same leveling off.

I can only speak of my experience, but I found in the 1st 3 months there was quite a bit of degradation in my S60. If I recall correctly I think I started out with about 324km at 100%. After about 3 months it went down to 320km. Now after 3.5 years I can still achieve 320km as long as I balance the pack out about 2 times prior to a 100% charge. I find I only need 100% very rarely though, and I regularly charge to 80% most of the time. I think that the key for long battery life is to only charge to 80%, keep it above 25% on a regular basis. 90% is fine too, as recommended by Tesla, I just side on safety.

Hi,

This is how the curve looks like. You can add your data to the same survey HERE.

Q7cu4bJ.gif

Reactions: bkp_duke