Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Beta 9.x improve Navigate on Autopilot (highways)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have watched many of the youtubers on the beta build but now that I'm getting a new Tesla, I notice that they don't talk about highways very much.

Just curious if lane changes are getting improved, I've seen a lot of negativity on lane changes not working as well as it should.

...I notice that they don't talk about highways very much...
That's because it's called "Autosteer on city streets".
...I've seen a lot of negativity on lane changes not working as well as it should...
Please cite an example.

I don't have the limited released fsd beta but I do have widely public released beta fsd.

My experience is it's safer than me doing it in terms of avoiding collisions.

On the other hand, its intelligence is worse than humans' if you just let it weaves in and out from one lane to another without any thinking or strategy.

Its ability to do the task is good but it's still stupid.

It has pros and cons and not just plain bad.

My guess for the intelligence part is that would take a long time, easily decades!

I'm mainly talking about this forum and people complaining that lane changes and some youtube videos I have seen that go into what you have said. It does a lot of unnecessary lane changes and is slow to do some (where it will slow down behind someone before changing lanes to pass even when fully clear). This is just one example if you are bored, lol

But you basically answered my question in that the FSD beta doesn't seem to impact highway driving, I thought maybe some of the improvements in city driving may have bled over to the highway driving.

I'm mainly talking about this forum and people complaining that lane changes and some youtube videos I have seen that go into what you have said. It does a lot of unnecessary lane changes and is slow to do some (where it will slow down behind someone before changing lanes to pass even when fully clear). This is just one example if you are bored, lol

But you basically answered my question in that the FSD beta doesn't seem to impact highway driving, I thought maybe some of the improvements in city driving may have bled over to the highway driving.

The on-ramp swerve is super annoying.
There seems to be no cut-in / other car wanting to get into the lane detection either.

These are features that are actually useful and possible to implement today. Instead they focus on city driving which nobody will be able to experience in years possibly.