Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Canada get all the features of 2019.40.50.1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the new update this morning, but no FSD visualization updates. Model 3 LRAWD HW3 / FSD. Traffic cones visualization since recent release.

Checked the Autopilot menu but no option to turn on FSD visualizations, confirmed car didn't recognize stop sign.

Anyone in Canada able to get the new FSD visualizations?

Yes, this is correct. No FSD Visualization Preview in Canada yet (regardless of AP version).

I imagine this feature depends on geospecific training. For example, in Quebec/Alberta/Yukon Territories also have horizontal street lights.

Got the new update this morning, but no FSD visualization updates. Model 3 LRAWD HW3 / FSD. Traffic cones visualization since recent release.

Checked the Autopilot menu but no option to turn on FSD visualizations, confirmed car didn't recognize stop sign.

Anyone in Canada able to get the new FSD visualizations?

Curious what was in your Release Notes.
The canadian release notes would explain what is included into this release.

Got it this morning. Have HW3.

No visualizations. We get adjacent lane speed control though. No stop sign/stop light recognition from the last US release yet either. Otherwise the same games, voice controls, etc as the US. I think text message to voice is not working in Canada or I have to do something specific to set it up on my iPhone as that isn’t working yet.

IMG_20191224_104258.jpg IMG_20191224_104306.jpg IMG_20191224_104322.jpg IMG_20191224_104333.jpg

I think text message to voice is not working in Canada or I have to do something specific to set it up on my iPhone as that isn’t working yet.

DId you try SMS or some messaging app?
I suspect that this feature is going to work with SMS only, as this is what's supported by Bluetooth protocol.
I don't have the update, so cannot try myself...

DId you try SMS or some messaging app?
I suspect that this feature is going to work with SMS only, as this is what's supported by Bluetooth protocol.
I don't have the update, so cannot try myself...

Was an iMessage not SMS but iMessage worked in my last vehicle so would assume it would work here too. Will try again later. Also noticed the “Messages” tab was missing from the phone app which I think I saw in a video earlier.

Yes, this is correct. No FSD Visualization Preview in Canada yet (regardless of AP version).

I imagine this feature depends on geospecific training. For example, in Quebec/Alberta/Yukon Territories also have horizontal street lights.

Did not know this, have been trying to reason with myself that FSD upgrade is worth it but with HW2.5 and now this, I feel better not having it for now. Another reason why the FSD cost is difficult to justify. Not saying all features won’t come to Canada eventually, but with limited/no winter use and not all features that are available elsewhere, it just seems a tad high.

You need to adjust a Bluetooth setting on the iPhone. If you go into the Tesla Bluetooth devices window it will give you the instructions.

No visualizations. We get adjacent lane speed control though. No stop sign/stop light recognition from the last US release yet either. Otherwise the same games, voice controls, etc as the US. I think text message to voice is not working in Canada or I have to do something specific to set it up on my iPhone as that isn’t working yet.

No preview, still have premium connectivity, can't get Bluetooth to work with sms (on Android)
Click the Bluetooth icon on the model 3 touchscreen then select your paired phone to access the settings you need to change. Took me a bit to find out how to get there since you can't access those settings from the main menu. I have an android phone (pixel 2xl) and texting and voice texting works.