Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Canada get all the features of 2019.40.50.1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Click the Bluetooth icon on the model 3 touchscreen then select your paired phone to access the settings you need to change. Took me a bit to find out how to get there since you can't access those settings from the main menu. I have an android phone (pixel 2xl) and texting and voice texting works.

That didn’t work, it wouldn’t turn on. I deleted the car Bluetooth setting on my phone and re-added it. That seemed to fix it.

• Informative
Reactions: pcons
Click the Bluetooth icon on the model 3 touchscreen then select your paired phone to access the settings you need to change. Took me a bit to find out how to get there since you can't access those settings from the main menu. I have an android phone (pixel 2xl) and texting and voice texting works.

You can easily access the bluetooth settings in the model 3 touchscreen, it's in the far right corner of the screen.

Yeah, you have to do two things to get messages to work.

1. Check your Bluetooth settings to ensure you are allowing notifications. If you’re on iPhone, go to settings, Bluetooth, select your Tesla and click the i button and make sure those options are on.

2. In your Tesla, select the bluetooth logo (top right hand) and toggle the options there to sync messages. Now when you go to the phone app on your Tesla, you’ll see a new tab for messages.

Still have premium connectivity with SR+ ? Read in another thread that browser etc only works on wifi?

I'm still waiting to get the update here ....
I can confirm.

My HW2.5 SR+ (FSD) with 2019.40.50.1 no longer has LTE access to:
a) Web Browser
b) All "Theater" apps in the "Entertainment" section

Spotify and Slacker audio streaming did remain accessible though, which is the important part.
Nonetheless, still missing the features and hope Tesla/Elon can enlighten us with what is actually supposed to happen in Canada.

You might have to grant a permission to access SMS on your phone for Tesla (over Bluetooth). It should be on your Android Bluetooth settings (for your Tesla).
Google Pixel 3a here, Text Messages option was not available from Bluetooth's paired "Tesla Model 3" at first. I got it working by both remove/forget my phone from Tesla as well as "Forget" Tesla Model 3 from my phone and re-pair it back. Once re-pairing is done, Text Messages option shows up and paired Bluetooth device changed name to "Tesla Model 3 <Car Name>"

Did not know this, have been trying to reason with myself that FSD upgrade is worth it but with HW2.5 and now this, I feel better not having it for now. Another reason why the FSD cost is difficult to justify. Not saying all features won’t come to Canada eventually, but with limited/no winter use and not all features that are available elsewhere, it just seems a tad high.

I had the same feeling when it was offered at a discount. I didn't take it since it's a tad too much. I just have Basic AP and use it in 401 and my long distance trip, work just great. I don't need a FSD.

I updated without knowing that they killed LTE access, I havent gone out to my car to test it yet but if I had known I would've prolonged the update especially with no way for us to sign up for premium connectivity yet. Its just the apps in theatre mode correct? What about Spotify, Tunein, Streaming and Caraoke?

I updated without knowing that they killed LTE access, I havent gone out to my car to test it yet but if I had known I would've prolonged the update especially with no way for us to sign up for premium connectivity yet. Its just the apps in theatre mode correct? What about Spotify, Tunein, Streaming and Caraoke?

Unless I’m mistaken you can just hotspot from your phone.

I have an SR+ and this update actually added live traffic and satellite view while still being able to use YouTube & Netflix on LTE. Similar reports on Reddit. Probably just a first step towards the implementation of the connectivity subscription
I now have satellite maps and live traffic data in my SR+. However I did not when I was out in the car three hours ago. Looks like they are pushing configuration updates.

I assume that emails about paying for these features will be coming very soon.