Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Canada get all the features of 2019.40.50.1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can confirm.

My HW2.5 SR+ (FSD) with 2019.40.50.1 no longer has LTE access to:
a) Web Browser
b) All "Theater" apps in the "Entertainment" section

Spotify and Slacker audio streaming did remain accessible though, which is the important part.
Nonetheless, still missing the features and hope Tesla/Elon can enlighten us with what is actually supposed to happen in Canada.

Losing Netflix, YouTube on LTE is nothing to do with premium connectivity. When they announced and released those features they said they would only work on WiFi even for cars with premium connectivity. If you can still stream audio you still have premium connectivity

As per the actual release notes for V10 “Tesla Theater lets you watch movies and videos when your car is in PARK and connected to WiFi. To launch the Tesla Theater, tap the new ‘Entertainment’ Icon in the Application Launcher and select the Theater tab,“

• Disagree
Reactions: MikeS1
Losing Netflix, YouTube on LTE is nothing to do with premium connectivity. When they announced and released those features they said they would only work on WiFi even for cars with premium connectivity. If you can still stream audio you still have premium connectivity

As per the actual release notes for V10 “Tesla Theater lets you watch movies and videos when your car is in PARK and connected to WiFi. To launch the Tesla Theater, tap the new ‘Entertainment’ Icon in the Application Launcher and select the Theater tab,“

lol @ the disagree. What is there to disagree with it’s right there in black and white

47153799-2D97-47B1-B1B9-9CFDCC93B550.jpeg

Same. I picked up my model 3 SR+. I have free premium connectivity and Netflix/Youtube/Twitch are still available over LTE with latest update
No you don't, Canada simply hasn't had a subscription model rolled out yet, you're in purgatory like every other Tesla in Canada right now that was ordered after July 2018 where video over LTE is working. Your post history says you just picked up your car last week. Any car ordered on or after July 1, 2018 will have to pay for premium connectivity. It would be great if Canada is exempt but there is no news that is happening right now.

tesla-premium-connectivity-free-vs-paid-chart.png

https://ww.electrek.co/2019/12/07/tesla-starts-chargin-month-premium-connectivity-features/

False. Not many others. Tesla had more deliveries after July 1st 2018 than the three years before combined. The connectivity charge applies to MORE than it doesn't.

Q3 2018 to Q3 2019 Deliveries - 429,400
Q4 2015 to Q2 2018 deliveries - 267,030

Tesla: vehicle deliveries by quarter 2019 | Statista
uh.. ok...

I said MANY...not MORE.

So... not False. FACT. Many people do have free premium connectivity. As you clearly point out... over 267,000 people.

• Disagree
Reactions: N.Y.R.