TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Does Centraal Beheer Require the "Security Package" Option?

Discussion in 'Belgium and the Netherlands' started by Lycanthrope, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope Member

Hi Folks

I guess the question's in the title, but to elaborate... I'm wanting to press confirm and I'm wondering if I need the Security Package for the Tesla Insurance here in Belgium?RE

When I asked at Tesla they thought not, but when I look at the quote Centraal Beheer sent me it states "Exigence alarme class SCM: Alarme standard Tesla"

So I have a small doubt.

Personally I find car alarm very ineffective, all they actually do is go off without reason and annoy everyone, so generally they're ignored :wink:

Cheers, Dave

2. pwillemse78

pwillemse78 Member

In the netherlands they don't....

3. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

Interesting matter. In Italy if you want to get a good discount from the Insurance you have to mount the satellite alarm system while the normal car alarm helps to get only a small discount. Maybe that Tesla could install the satellite alarm system as an option?

4. S-19910

S-19910 Driving Model-S #19910

nor in Belgium.

5. Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope Member

This is a Tesla sponsored insurance @Raffy.Roma, there are no discounts, it's a flat rate of €1500 per year regardless of age, history or model. For the price and performance of the Model S this is a bargain for me with my perfect record and age 47, imagine for an 18 year old who has just passed their driving test...!

@S-19910, @pwillsemse78 - thanks, I shall confirm the order now without :)

6. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

The price is good. Can you give a link concerning this insurance just in case I would need it?

7. Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope Member

AFAIK this is for Benelux: L’ASSURANCE TESLA

8. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

Interesting. Does this insurance work only in Germany, France, Belgium and Holland? Is it possible to get this insurance also in Italy?

9. Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope Member

I've no idea, but if you speak to Tesla in Milan they should be able to advise. If nothing else you can complain why they don't have a good deal along the same lines :smile: