Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does changing configuration change pricing on existing options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a 85D on order. Naturally, it hasn't entered production yet. I've been waffling about asking to add the dual charger option. With yesterday's $1000 price hike on the D option, I was wondering: would adding the dual charger option now trigger a complete recomputation of the car's price, adding $2500 (dual chargers PLUS new price for D) instead of the expected $1500? Or would it simply add the current (er, no pun intended) price of the dual chargers?

Yes, I could also ask my rep, but right now I'm still in the mulling it over stage and don't really feel like having that conversation with him.

(Oh, if you're moved to weigh in about single vs. dual chargers, feel free, but I do realize it's been done to death in other threads so I've refrained from asking about it again.)

Thanks!

If I play around in the configuration for my unconfirmed order, the prices that were in effect when it was placed still apply. Since you're adding an option I'd assume they'd just add the price of that option to your bill. The best way to find out is to just ask. The worst that can happen is they want to charge you an extra thousand for the AWD, in which case you then can decide not to add the charger.