Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

does changing to winter tire from tesla stock summer tire void any delivery warranty?

coolmanfever

Dec 1, 2019
toronto
hello all,

I found some cosmetic defect exterior and interior of the car upon day of delivery. I can only schedule with service to fix them on Jan 3rd. But I also have my winter tire change appointment before Jan 3rd with my local tire shop. My local shop will swap winter tire onto aero rim. Would winter tire change void any delivery warranty? thank you.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark

DriveMe

Aug 12, 2017
NE OH
If it’s a manufacturing defect, then it probably won’t matter. But if it’s a damage, then it can make it more difficult for Tesla to accept it. If I were you, I would delay the tire replacement until the warranty claim is accepted.

OCR1

Jan 28, 2018
Southern California
If the tires they delivered with the car are defective you really have no choice but to remove them. If you keep driving with them on that would be far more precarious as they would wonder why you drove with defective tires.

TydalForce

Nov 24, 2019
West Chester, PA, USA
I'm not clear on if the problems you found are actually related to the tires.
If the tires/rims/etc are fine then I can't imagine there's an issue with the warranty.
If you think any of the problems could be blamed on the tire swap guys, take pictures (including the tires) before the service - document everything.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC