TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

does changing to winter tire from tesla stock summer tire void any delivery warranty?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by coolmanfever, Dec 28, 2019.

1. coolmanfever

coolmanfever Member

hello all,

I found some cosmetic defect exterior and interior of the car upon day of delivery. I can only schedule with service to fix them on Jan 3rd. But I also have my winter tire change appointment before Jan 3rd with my local tire shop. My local shop will swap winter tire onto aero rim. Would winter tire change void any delivery warranty? thank you.

• Funny x 1
  2. DriveMe

DriveMe Member

If it’s a manufacturing defect, then it probably won’t matter. But if it’s a damage, then it can make it more difficult for Tesla to accept it. If I were you, I would delay the tire replacement until the warranty claim is accepted.

3. holmgang

holmgang Active Member

I cant fathom how they would relate one to the other, so I would do the tire swap

4. OCR1

OCR1 Active Member

If the tires they delivered with the car are defective you really have no choice but to remove them. If you keep driving with them on that would be far more precarious as they would wonder why you drove with defective tires.

5. TydalForce

TydalForce Member

I'm not clear on if the problems you found are actually related to the tires.
    If the tires/rims/etc are fine then I can't imagine there's an issue with the warranty.
    If you think any of the problems could be blamed on the tire swap guys, take pictures (including the tires) before the service - document everything.