Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does color and location impact delivery schedule?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my order for Red LR AWD MY, tow hitch, 19 inch wheels on 10/9. I completed the paperwork on 10/10.
I did make a change where I removed FSD on 10/12.
I am based on MN.
When I log into my Tesla account it says 4-8 weeks.
Got a welcome note from Tesla SA on 10/10. I asked if color will impact the delivery date and she told me that color will not impact the date. She complete all the paperwork ASAP as completing paperwork leads to higher priority.
I was going to go for White but my kids had a strong preference for Red.

I placed my order for Red LR AWD MY, tow hitch, 19 inch wheels on 10/9. I completed the paperwork on 10/10.
I am based on MN.
Got a welcome note from Tesla SA on 10/10. I asked if color will impact the delivery date and she told me that color will not impact the date. She complete all the paperwork ASAP as completing paperwork leads to higher priority.

It’s hard to be patient! I was checking for my VIN multiple times a day, no updates from Tesla was driving me nuts! Basically, they will get the car to you when they are shipping to your area and building your config. There’s no science to the madness! Just hang in there.

It’s hard to be patient! I was checking for my VIN multiple times a day, no updates from Tesla was driving me nuts! Basically, they will get the car to you when they are shipping to your area and building your config. There’s no science to the madness! Just hang in there.
I am based on MN.
it took 45 days to get my VIN. Almost looked like everyone else was getting assigned but not me .. I looked at the spread sheet . It def looked like mine was one of the longest . But having said that, I am glad it delayed as now I have a 2021 VIN. so Just hang in .. :)

I am based on MN.

Hello fellow Minnesotan. I ordered my red performance model Y end of August and still waiting for a VIN. Was told my specific configuration does not go in to production until end of October. As Tesla produces them in batches, so we have to wait until they start producing red Model Ys.

• Informative
Reactions: alexcue