Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Default TuneIn Account Expire?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a June '17 Model S. It's supposed to have lifetime premium connectivity. Normally the car is automatically logged into Tesla's default TuneIn account. However, recently it's no longer logged in. I can no longer access channels such as CNN. Does the default account expire?

I understand you can create your own account on TuneIn.com. I did so, and added some favorites. However, I'm wondering if the standard account is sufficient and will give me the same functionality I used to have with Tesla's account? When I view it on the computer, I have to listen to some ad before I can listen to a channel. Not sure how that translates to the car.

Finally, would Tesla accept a premium subscription to TuneIn?

I don't know the answers to your questions, but I thought I was logged in to my TuneIn account which I believed was syncing my favorites with my phone. Suddenly I'm logged out and when I try to login, it displays a QR code on the screen. Any idea what we're supposed to do with the QR code? I don't see anywhere in the iPhone apps (Premium or free) that asks for a QR code...

This appears to have been a result of the newer TuneIn app that Tesla is providing (one of the newer firmware updates). I never used the default Tesla account but rather had my own personal basic account. After the firmware update, I was logged out from the Tesla and had to log in again.

The QR code is used to facilitate logging in via your phone. At least on Android, I was prompted on my phone to scan the QR code and then I was asked on my phone to enter my email/password. After that, I was logged into the account on my Tesla again.

• Informative
Reactions: City Racer