Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

does demo vehicle qualify for price reductions if delivery has not yet happened?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a demo vehicle couple days back. Delivery was scheduled for today. First service advisor tells me my purchase agreement will be updated to reflect the $1k adjustment on the model 3. I didn't see the update on the purchase agreement within a few hours so I called back and a new service advisors tells me if the purchase agreement is not updated by eod the adjustment will be reflected in the form of $1k less downpayment on day of delivery. Shortly later another service advisor calls me saying they will NOT give the $1k price adjustment since it is a demo vehicle that has already been discounted. He was adamant and said there is nothing he can do even though the first two service advisors told me otherwise. Then I speak to someone at a different Tesla call center who tells me that the demo vehicle will not receive the $1k price adjustment and in addition if I transfer to another new (non-demo) vehicle I would NOT get the $1k adjusted price. It would be $42,990 for the white model 3 even though price is $41,990 on the website effective today. So essentially I have to cancel my original demo vehicle, give up the $250 order fee, and then order a new vehicle from the website with another $250 order fee in order to get the latest pricing. How does this making any sense?

So basically to recap,
I purchase a demo model 3 receiving a $1k discount.
Couple days later tesla adjusts model 3 prices lower by $1k.
I haven't taken delivery yet and Tesla tells me if I switch to a new (non-demo) vehicle in inventory reflecting the latest adjusted prices I have to pay another $250 order fee.

Logically speaking, why would anyone take delivery of a demo vehicle if they can buy the same vehicle in new condition for the same price? is there anyone at tesla corporate I can contact regarding this?