Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Does EAP avoid potholes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on EAP free trial, and so far have used it on highway only, so haven't had the luck to encounter potholes while EAP is on (knock on wood).

Does EAP avoid potholes and hideous manholes? I think it's something quite doable by the software.

I am on EAP free trial, and so far have used it on highway only, so haven't had the luck to encounter potholes while EAP is on (knock on wood).

Does EAP avoid potholes and hideous manholes? I think it's something quite doable by the software.
Good question. But from what I’ve seen, no. It does its best to keep the car centered. Although I haven’t hit a pothole using it so can’t say for sure. Highly unlikely IMO.

No it basically just follows lines and keeps a distance from the car in front of you. Useful, but not nearly as amazing as people often suggest. It really should do stuff like avoid potholes for what they charge for it. Perhaps it will someday.

No it basically just follows lines and keeps a distance from the car in front of you. Useful, but not nearly as amazing as people often suggest. It really should do stuff like avoid potholes for what they charge for it. Perhaps it will someday.
In the meantime, I wish it'd be programmed to enable the drive to easily steer a foot or two in either direction without having to disengage EAP to do so. This way nearly all potholes could be ~effortlessly avoided. Potholes/hazards do serve a purpose: they motivate EAP users to continue to pay attention to the road.

Reactions: Vitold
It most definitely does not avoid potholes! In fact it will blithely head straight towards massive chasms without a care. Bent two rims when I had EAP change lanes - it headed straight for a major hole between the lanes and between my reaction time and the slight swerve you get when you override the EAP I ended up smashing right through it. Lesson learned.

Bought one new wheel/tire and had the originals straightened so at least now I have my own spare tire/wheel for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.