Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does everyone have latest software update 2019.16.2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has everyone received this update already? I haven't gotten any update option and am still stuck with v9.0 2019.12.1.1. Would love to have launch control back on my P90DL which I understand this will once again allow. How do I get it if my car is not showing an update available?

Go into your Tesla App, make a service appointment and select Software upgrade. Specify that you want the latest software for your vehicle... Normally someone will triage those tickets to find out if (1) they can do the service remotely which is your case, (2) If Mobile Service is available to do the work, (3) if you really need to come in to the service center..

#1 is what you're looking for and you might be surprised that they might just push it out to you.

Reactions: Stach
Go into your Tesla App, make a service appointment and select Software upgrade. Specify that you want the latest software for your vehicle... Normally someone will triage those tickets to find out if (1) they can do the service remotely which is your case, (2) If Mobile Service is available to do the work, (3) if you really need to come in to the service center..

#1 is what you're looking for and you might be surprised that they might just push it out to you.
I'll do it! Thank you.

Did an update today from 16.1.1

Was expecting 16.2

Got 16.3 instead. Guess I will be an early adopted as there is only one other AP1 MS that has that.

Did a drive before update, all normal. Updated under wifi while in car, phone Bluetooth off. Took just under 20 min vs 22 min for update to 16.1.1

Release notes slow to load, rebooted both screens, loads normally now, but nothing new in notes.

Internet much faster, even without the sketch pad trick.

Will repeat exact same drive this PM, and report back...

Yeah I tried that a few days ago and got a text message saying that there were no active updates for my vehicle (I'm on 12.1.2) and basically told me to connect to wi-fi and wait.

Yeah I tried that a few days ago and got a text message saying that there were no active updates for my vehicle (I'm on 12.1.2) and basically told me to connect to wi-fi and wait.
That’s probably the right answer.

Not all software updates are for every single vehicle. Vehicle config and geographic region is used to decide when to push out an update to which vehicle when it’s jot a fleet wide update.

Did an update today from 16.1.1

Was expecting 16.2

Got 16.3 instead. Guess I will be an early adopted as there is only one other AP1 MS that has that.

Did a drive before update, all normal. Updated under wifi while in car, phone Bluetooth off. Took just under 20 min vs 22 min for update to 16.1.1

Release notes slow to load, rebooted both screens, loads normally now, but nothing new in notes.

Internet much faster, even without the sketch pad trick.

Will repeat exact same drive this PM, and report back...

After second drive, no surprises. AP1 is the same.

Internet much faster. Lost about a mile of the rated range is the only down side, and that might be nothing to do with the update.

Internet much faster. Lost about a mile of the rated range is the only down side, and that might be nothing to do with the update.

Would be interesting for the other AP1 folks if you provided also your feedback from this version in this thread:
AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

You mentioned faster internet. Has the browser changed or just faster speed as per measure on such site: fast.com ?

Thanks

Unfortunately 1 or 2 people made threads a while ago saying that they stopped getting updates and went to service center to find out that their update had gotten stuck and it needed to be manually reloaded.

This has caused 95% of new owners to think their car is broken if they don’t receive every new update within weeks of first seeing it on the forums. Unfortunately (or fortunately) your car isn’t broken. It just takes months to load the updates to the entire fleet. It’s done randomly so sometimes you will get updates super fast and other times months will go by. This is all normal.

Edit: I don’t have 16.2 either

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Would be interesting for the other AP1 folks if you provided also your feedback from this version in this thread:
AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

You mentioned faster internet. Has the browser changed or just faster speed as per measure on such site: fast.com ?

Thanks
I did not change the browser or other settings. I did not do a speed check either. I would say it is faster than before even with the sketch board trick. Perhaps 50% faster than before.

Almost keeps me from reaching for the phone...

My RM was decreased by about 9 miles after 16.2. What's weird is my RM had never changed from four years ago when the car was brand new till 16.2 when it suddenly dropped showing 2.6% battery loss. I guess that's what it should be based on what other owners report.

My RM was decreased by about 9 miles after 16.2. What's weird is my RM had never changed from four years ago when the car was brand new till 16.2 when it suddenly dropped showing 2.6% battery loss. I guess that's what it should be based on what other owners report.
My RM had a significant drop after 16.3, but is now the highest it has been in months, 269 RM at 100% per Teslafi.

Unfortunately 1 or 2 people made threads a while ago saying that they stopped getting updates and went to service center to find out that their update had gotten stuck and it needed to be manually reloaded.

This has caused 95% of new owners to think their car is broken if they don’t receive every new update within weeks of first seeing it on the forums. Unfortunately (or fortunately) your car isn’t broken. It just takes months to load the updates to the entire fleet. It’s done randomly so sometimes you will get updates super fast and other times months will go by. This is all normal.

Edit: I don’t have 16.2 either

A couple of weeks ago on 2018.50.6 I had some flakey symptoms, and I thought maybe an update would be curative. Tesla pushed an update but it failed. I took it to a SvC and they couldn't get an update to succeed. Finally they determined that my MCU would have do be replaced. (And they couldn't back it up, so I'll lose all my personalizations, Homelinks, etc.) I'm hoping to get my car back tomorrow, after they will have had it a week.

So my car was not being updated because it was ... BROKEN! :(

I upgraded from 2019.12 to 2019.16.2 and can tell you that the browser definitely improved. MCU1 AP2.0 model S from June 2017.

Browser is still slow, but works more reliably even without sketchpad trick. Sketchpad trick still increase performance but is somewhat usable without it now. Also, the browser doesn’t hang every 3 sites requiring a reload to work again like it was on 2019.12