TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Does everyone who ordered RWD before August have a VIN now

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by StanTheMan, Aug 21, 2018.

1. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Member

My observation is Tesla has been moving RWD version of the model 3 extremely quick with the increased production. It seems that only folks ordering AWD verions before August are waiting for responses.

I ordered in July and got VIN quickly and still waited for delivery due to delivery delays. Delivery is the new bottleneck. I hope Elon could ramp up delivery efficiency as well as he did with production.

2. terrywhite

terrywhite Member

Ordered 7/28. No VIN yet.

• Informative x 2
  3. ck867

ck867 Member

Ordered 8/10/18. Vin assigned 08/13/18 and scheduled delivery appointment. Took delivery of car on 08/18/18.

4. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Member

That's really speedy delivery. I wish I am as lucky as you are. This really fits my speculation that Tesla is fulfilling RWD demand very well with its increased production.

• Like x 1
  5. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Member

Sorry to hear that. You must feel bad after you see ck867 got his so quickly. Do you mind sharing what kind of specs you ordered? Maybe it has something to do with that.

6. Jedi2155

Jedi2155 Model 3 has Arrived.

When I swapped to RWD on my order, I received a VIN within 4 days.

7. ck867

ck867 Member

White RWD, LR, EAP, standard wheels.

8. JPP

JPP Active Member

Nope....

9. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Member

This is really odd. I can't tell your order has anything too special to make it slow down this much.

10. ck867

ck867 Member

I do not know if location matters but I am in California.

11. CTinCA

CTinCA Member

Ordered 7/31... VIN assigned 8/12.. 1st delivery scheduled for 8/12 but canceled due to “logistical” issues. New delivery scheduled for 8/26... M3 LR RWD Blue with 19” wheels..

12. frank69

frank69 Member

You guys do realize that most of these vehicles were produced in June. They were sitting around waiting for the July 1 date to pass for the tax incentives to expire in Dec 2018

• Like x 1
  13. Robmil

Robmil Member

No I think most of the June inventory were completely gone. I took the delivery early August and my car was manufactured in July.

• Like x 1
  14. CTinCA

CTinCA Member

Just an update to my typo.. ordered 7/31. VIN assigned 8/2..

15. shakeman

shakeman Member

My order was last week, and my VIN is 59xxx. I'm picking up just 1 week after ordering. Does the 59xxx mean mine
    was sitting around??

16. Robmil

Robmil Member

It might. I picked up the car in early August and my vin is 606xx and it was manufactured in July.

17. Jedi2155

Jedi2155 Model 3 has Arrived.

1-2 months of sitting around isn't a terrible thing. The 5+ month ones are the crazy ones.

18. neroden

neroden Model S Owner and Frustrated Tesla Fan

That's a late enough order, and you're in Atlanta, that I wouldn't worry yet. It's good if everyone who ordered June or early July has gotten a VIN.