Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does FSD prorate based on Length of Subscription?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all-

I recently subscribed to the monthly FSD purchase. So far I’ve been enjoying it and will most likely let the subscription run through the holidays.

My question is if I subscribed for several months (for simplicity let’s assume a total cost of $1000), if I were to then purchase EAP or FSD outright would it prorate the cost to subtract what I’ve already paid? Or is the money spent through the subscription “down the drain” so to speak.

Thank you in advance for your help everybody!

Hi all-

I recently subscribed to the monthly FSD purchase. So far I’ve been enjoying it and will most likely let the subscription run through the holidays.

My question is if I subscribed for several months (for simplicity let’s assume a total cost of $1000), if I were to then purchase EAP or FSD outright would it prorate the cost to subtract what I’ve already paid? Or is the money spent through the subscription “down the drain” so to speak.

More like " down the drain" imho. Otherwise, people should just all be on subscription based. Perhaps maybe they should do partial prorate?

Upvote 0
I don’t believe anything is prorated if you cancel the subscription for any reason. Depending on how long you expect to keep the car, the subscription can be cheaper than purchasing outright as long as the subscription price doesn’t increase much. I purchased FSD for my cars when it was a lot cheaper, but when I replace my Model S I will buy EAP and subscribe to FSD. The only reason I want FSD as implemented today is for access to the Beta.

Upvote 0
Hi all-

As far as I am aware, your subscription does NOT accumulate towards the purchase of FSD.

Upvote 0