Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does FUSC transfer on CPO vehicles if sold privately?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I can't seem to find a lot of information on CPO vehicles being sold privately so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with it here. For some context, I bought my 2015 Model S back in the beginning of 2019 through Tesla's CPO program and now I'm looking to sell it privately. I've asked Tesla customer support about if FUSC is transferable on SC01 vehicles but they said no they discontinued that a long time ago but they didn't even ask for my car's VIN so it makes me feel like they were just giving me a blanket answer.

On the other hand, I'm seeing folks on here who are posting that they were able to get their FUSD transferred in purchases as recent as this month. Anybody have any experience with CPO vehicles specifically?

If the facts are as stated, it should transfer. (I'd say "will" but nothing's 100% certain ...)

I have the specific experience you're looking for - I've written about my previous 2015 85D on here a few times. It was sold CPO by Tesla in I think May of 2019, back when there was still a CPO program. That owner then sold it to me in April of 2021. FUSC transferred to me no problem, and then again to the fourth owner when I sold it to him early this year. I still miss the d*mn sunroof.

Tesla began removing FUSC from cars they resold later on in 2019. I want to say August but I'm not 100% sure, might have been a little earlier. It's all been discussed on here quite a bit, if you spend some time with the search function you'll find it.

Reactions: brkaus
If the facts are as stated, it should transfer. (I'd say "will" but nothing's 100% certain ...)

I have the specific experience you're looking for - I've written about my previous 2015 85D on here a few times. It was sold CPO by Tesla in I think May of 2019, back when there was still a CPO program. That owner then sold it to me in April of 2021. FUSC transferred to me no problem, and then again to the fourth owner when I sold it to him early this year. I still miss the d*mn sunroof.

Tesla began removing FUSC from cars they resold later on in 2019. I want to say August but I'm not 100% sure, might have been a little earlier. It's all been discussed on here quite a bit, if you spend some time with the search function you'll find it.
Thanks for the insight!

Reactions: JimmyB