TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Does Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara still have a charger?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by wayner, Apr 3, 2017.

1. wayner

wayner Active Member

I will be staying at Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls this weekend. I can use the Grimsby SC on my way home, but it would be convenient if there was destination charging. I know that there used to be a charger, I think it was a Tesla HPWC, at GWL. But it isn't listed on Plugshare. Does anyone know if it was removed?

2. kort677

kort677 Active Member

if it isn't listed there probably is not a charger there, why don't you call them and ask if there is a charger at their hotel? if they don't have a charger then you could advocate for the installation of one

• Like x 1
  3. CadillacJack

CadillacJack Member

I saw two L2 chargers when I was there in January, but I didn't get a close look at them as I didn't have my S with me. A call is a good idea.

4. wayner

wayner Active Member

I emailed and they said that they have two chargers. Hopefully they are at least Level 2 and then I am good since I am there for a few days. But I wonder why they are no longer on Plugshare - they were listed there in the past.

5. Falkirk

Falkirk Member

Please report back if it worked out or not for you this weekend. I've been there a few times now and with my 3 coming by this time next year (???) we'll be using it too!

• Like x 1
  6. LazMan

LazMan Member

I was there last summer and there were two chargers. Worked fine for me.

• Like x 1
  7. wayner

wayner Active Member

I arrived last night and they have two Sun Country chargers - I was getting 208V and 48A. Not fast but sufficient for overnight charging. They are on your right as you are driving towards the main entrance. You may have to get them unlocked by the hotel staff.

• Like x 3
  8. wayner

wayner Active Member

A couple of updates on this - the chargers here are on PlugShare but are listed under restricted access so I was not able to see them as they were filtered out on my PlugShare app, which I am guessing is the default as I have never changed that setting.

One other hint - these chargers are locked most of the time and that means that power is cut to them. The chargers have a "feature" called cold load pickup. That means they don't turn on right away when power is restored which is what happens when they are on locked and the switch is flipped. So to start charging right away you may have to unplug and replug your vehicle.

• Informative x 1