Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara still have a charger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wayner

Oct 29, 2014
Toronto
I will be staying at Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls this weekend. I can use the Grimsby SC on my way home, but it would be convenient if there was destination charging. I know that there used to be a charger, I think it was a Tesla HPWC, at GWL. But it isn't listed on Plugshare. Does anyone know if it was removed?

I will be staying at Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls this weekend. I can use the Grimsby SC on my way home, but it would be convenient if there was destination charging. I know that there used to be a charger, I think it was a Tesla HPWC, at GWL. But it isn't listed on Plugshare. Does anyone know if it was removed?
if it isn't listed there probably is not a charger there, why don't you call them and ask if there is a charger at their hotel? if they don't have a charger then you could advocate for the installation of one

Reactions: dhrivnak
I emailed and they said that they have two chargers. Hopefully they are at least Level 2 and then I am good since I am there for a few days. But I wonder why they are no longer on Plugshare - they were listed there in the past.

A couple of updates on this - the chargers here are on PlugShare but are listed under restricted access so I was not able to see them as they were filtered out on my PlugShare app, which I am guessing is the default as I have never changed that setting.

One other hint - these chargers are locked most of the time and that means that power is cut to them. The chargers have a "feature" called cold load pickup. That means they don't turn on right away when power is restored which is what happens when they are on locked and the switch is flipped. So to start charging right away you may have to unplug and replug your vehicle.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak