Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does it make sense to get white interior if we have two kids in car seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We ordered a model 3 with blue exterior and white interior. I am having second thoughts. We have two kids that are in carseats (one rear facing and the other forward facing. Does it make sense to get white seats? Will the car seat base damage the white seats? I heard the white is easy to clean. Also, is there enough room for a slim teenager to sit in the middle?

If i were to get black with tinted glass how dark would it be on the inside? We have another car that has black seats with tinted glass (legal tint but not very dark) and it is so dark in the car. And need a flash light to find any missing black item. I would love to save 1k and select the black seats but if we plan to tint the car then how dark will it get inside?

We had this same concern. They sell car seat pads that go between the child seat and the car seat that protect the leather. As a bonus they also keep small spills, barf, etc. off the seats. We also have the blue w/white interior.
x2 on this. We just had our 7 year old niece visit for a week and we bought a seat protector to use under her booster seat. Granted, it was only a week, but even immediately after she got out of the seat I checked the leather and absolutely zero indentations

Upvote 0
My grand kids (7 years old & 2 years old) will be with us in July. Where can I buy the seat pads mentioned above so I can protect the back seat
We got ours on Amazon. I think it's this one, but you may need a taller one that covers the seat back depending on the type of car seat being used

Funbliss Car Seat Protector for Child Car Seat - Auto Seat Cover Mat for Under Carseat with Thickest Padding to Protect Leather & Fabric Upholstery,PVC Leather Reinforced Corners & 2 Large Pockets Amazon.com

Upvote 0
We got ours on Amazon. I think it's this one, but you may need a taller one that covers the seat back depending on the type of car seat being used

Funbliss Car Seat Protector for Child Car Seat - Auto Seat Cover Mat for Under Carseat with Thickest Padding to Protect Leather & Fabric Upholstery,PVC Leather Reinforced Corners & 2 Large Pockets Amazon.com
Thanks!

Upvote 0
White Seats? I think it depends totally on your lifestyle. I have enough trouble keeping the back seats and surrounding areas clean with two grandboys, age 5 and 9. Thankfully, they have listened to my "request" to keep their feet off of the rear portion of the center counsel. After a weekend or more, I have usually been seen cleaning maybe mud, sticky candy residue, sand, etc. off of the seats and door panels. I bought some seat back protectors with work great. White..would not want that with kids, but that's me.

Upvote 0
Had white seats from the time my daughter was a newborn till the car was totaled at 3.5 years… the seats are highly durable and easy to maintain. Dirt and stains show more than on black, but the cleanup is easy… so you may end up wiping them down or sweeping them off more often, but I haven’t had any instance of permanent staining. The closest thing to permanent is on the driver side where dye transfer from jeans tends to show. This is also not difficult to remedy. The dirtiest thing about the white seats are the sides/ buckle pockets that are covered in cloth and not the vegan leather. Those parts stain like any white cloth, but are not in readily visible locations.

If you like the white, don’t let the fear deter you… they are easy enough to maintain.

Reactions: Bouba
Upvote 0
Had white seats from the time my daughter was a newborn till the car was totaled at 3.5 years… the seats are highly durable and easy to maintain. Dirt and stains show more than on black, but the cleanup is easy… so you may end up wiping them down or sweeping them off more often, but I haven’t had any instance of permanent staining. The closest thing to permanent is on the driver side where dye transfer from jeans tends to show. This is also not difficult to remedy. The dirtiest thing about the white seats are the sides/ buckle pockets that are covered in cloth and not the vegan leather. Those parts stain like any white cloth, but are not in readily visible locations.

If you like the white, don’t let the fear deter you… they are easy enough to maintain.
thanks for your response. I will stick to the white :)

• Funny
Reactions: BMWM3Man and Bouba
Upvote 0
No.

My kids are what I consider pretty well behaved. The problem is the dirt from their shoes, hands and whatnot that they don’t realize. My youngest would accidentally get dirt on the seats. I bought black interior for that reason.

I have a IT guy who works at my company who has white seats and they are so "dirty" from his jeans mainly...worse than my BMW ever was. He has just accepted it.

White is the dumbest color for a car seat ever unless your in the back seat of a Rolls wearing a white velvet pant suit.

Reactions: RipVanFinkle
Upvote 0