Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does it make sense to get white interior if we have two kids in car seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We ordered a model 3 with blue exterior and white interior. I am having second thoughts. We have two kids that are in carseats (one rear facing and the other forward facing. Does it make sense to get white seats? Will the car seat base damage the white seats? I heard the white is easy to clean. Also, is there enough room for a slim teenager to sit in the middle?

If i were to get black with tinted glass how dark would it be on the inside? We have another car that has black seats with tinted glass (legal tint but not very dark) and it is so dark in the car. And need a flash light to find any missing black item. I would love to save 1k and select the black seats but if we plan to tint the car then how dark will it get inside?

No.

My kids are what I consider pretty well behaved. The problem is the dirt from their shoes, hands and whatnot that they don’t realize. My youngest would accidentally get dirt on the seats. I bought black interior for that reason.

Dirt shows on white more than black… but it’s easily handled. If a quick wipe down every week or 2 is too much, get the black. The point is if someone prefers the look of white they shouldn’t be deterred out of a false fear of permanent stains and impossible maintenance when it’s simply not true. My kid would walk all over my car and track footprints all over the seats… drop food, candy, milk… literally would wipe off with water and a napkin.

Upvote 0
Dirt shows on white more than black… but it’s easily handled. If a quick wipe down every week or 2 is too much, get the black. The point is if someone prefers the look of white they shouldn’t be deterred out of a false fear of permanent stains and impossible maintenance when it’s simply not true. My kid would walk all over my car and track footprints all over the seats… drop food, candy, milk… literally would wipe off with water and a napkin.
I think the white interior looks great (although I have black)... but "false fear of permanent stains" is not exactly accurate.

There are posts on here from owners whose white interior has permanent blue hues due to their jeans.

Upvote 0
I have a 2021 model 3P red w/ white interior. I have a 2 year old and 5 year old. Both kids have permanent car seats in this vehicle. We rarely eat in the car but allow it under certain circumstances (when we are rushed to get somewhere). That being said, we have yet to have a stain in the car. I do wipe the seats down weekly. The post I quoted from above is my experience TO THE TEE. We’ve had the car 9 months now. I understand that people have their own experiences with stains on the white interior, I’m just sharing mine. We also don’t wear a fresh pair jeans in the car or any new clothes that clothes that could bleed bye onto the seats. We are careful, but have as accidents that cleaned up completely. My kids have also walked on the front seats with their shoes on a few times and that also came completely off using armor all cleaning wipes. Just my .02 cents, you mileage may vary.

Upvote 0
We ordered a model 3 with blue exterior and white interior. I am having second thoughts. We have two kids that are in carseats (one rear facing and the other forward facing. Does it make sense to get white seats? Will the car seat base damage the white seats? I heard the white is easy to clean. Also, is there enough room for a slim teenager to sit in the middle?

If i were to get black with tinted glass how dark would it be on the inside? We have another car that has black seats with tinted glass (legal tint but not very dark) and it is so dark in the car. And need a flash light to find any missing black item. I would love to save 1k and select the black seats but if we plan to tint the car then how dark will it get inside?
I have a son that plays baseball and have had no issues with the white seats that baby wipes or a dab of johnsons baby shampoo didn't solve. I have always had black seats and almost went black again but my son thought the white looked "cool"....No regrets.

Upvote 0
Don’t listen to the nay sayers who get scared by white seats. I doubled down and got two white car seats, and also covered the seat back black plastic with white covers. It's a effing marshmallow back there.

• Funny
Reactions: Jbapckfan
Upvote 0
From what I've read, the issue with jeans is if they are of the very dark blue as the dye runs. Whether that's mainly only when wet, or newer jeans (I'd assume after a few washes the dye wouldn't run anymore) I'm not sure. I was very tempted but ultimately cost drew me to black interior. I wanted white, but it's much rarer and I have an 8 and 5 year old. White on seemed to be on none white cars (which I understand), but due to not being white (exterior) they were a couple of grand more.

Upvote 0