Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does it mean anything if a brand new model Y has 66 miles when I receive it and a previous iPhone already connected via bluetooth?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JayRI

Feb 1, 2023
Miami
Just got delivered a brand new Model Y. I am told that it’s new and it has never been used for demo, but it has an iPhone already connected that isn’t mine, and came with 66 miles on it. Does this indicate that the car isn’t actually new? Or is this normal?

I would call the number and ask, or else maybe say they left something of value inside the car - when they ask what it is tell them they need to identify it to you first or else meet you someplace. If you engage them in enough convo and you might glean an inkling of the prior situation that caused the mileage and phone number saving. Just my 2¢

Upvote 0
Did they deliver to your home or did you pickup at the dealer? If they delivered to you, the mileage seems reasonable and the driver could have connected their phone. Honestly, 66 miles is pretty typical for most new cars (maybe not Tesla), since many are getting test drives from the dealership lot. If the car looks great, I wouldn't worry about it.

The members on this forum totally freaked me out on my recent MY delivery, I was certain I would get scammed by Tesla with a lemon. In reality, my Austin build is flawless and I'm very happy. It was delivered with 50 miles on it (because it was driven to my house).

Upvote 0
Just got delivered a brand new Model Y. I am told that it’s new and it has never been used for demo, but it has an iPhone already connected that isn’t mine, and came with 66 miles on it. Does this indicate that the car isn’t actually new? Or is this normal?

That sounds like someone from tesla drove it from one delivery location to another, for vehicle delivery. You dont mention any other specifics about your delivery. Was the vehicle at one location and you asked for delivery from another? did you order an inventory vehicle from one location and they moved it for you for delivery?

Upvote 0
That sounds like someone from tesla drove it from one delivery location to another, for vehicle delivery. You dont mention any other specifics about your delivery. Was the vehicle at one location and you asked for delivery from another? did you order an inventory vehicle from one location and they moved it for you for delivery?
So the car was ordered from inventory and was delivered to a dealership near me. I was told it was brought to the dealership from another location located ~30 miles away, but was brought by truck, so the miles shouldn’t be on the Model Y itself, right? Honestly the vehicle is great. I was just told that miles over 50 can be worrying for a new tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
Upvote 0
Did they deliver to your home or did you pickup at the dealer? If they delivered to you, the mileage seems reasonable and the driver could have connected their phone. Honestly, 66 miles is pretty typical for most new cars (maybe not Tesla), since many are getting test drives from the dealership lot. If the car looks great, I wouldn't worry about it.

The members on this forum totally freaked me out on my recent MY delivery, I was certain I would get scammed by Tesla with a lemon. In reality, my Austin build is flawless and I'm very happy. It was delivered with 50 miles on it (because it was driven to my house).
My build is also Austin, and so far it’s fantastic. It was a pickup from the dealership. I also thought initially that perhaps someone at the dealership connected to the vehicle with their phone for some setup or other. But I wasn’t sure if it’s normal to find someone else’s phone paired to the car when you receive it new, even if it’s an employee.

Upvote 0
New means many things to folks. To Tesla I'm betting it means something akin to "First Owner". Planty of reasons other folks have sat in your car. Loading onto a truck/train/wherever. Quality Control. Unloading. Transportation between production, parking, etc. Yea, its maybe got a few miles on it above the average, but that's worth what, $10 dollars?

Up to you, but I'd just delete the phone and enjoy my new ride. Which, btw, congrats!

Upvote 0
I guess that’s normal. l had experienced same thing when I picked up my M3 last month. I had around 60 miles with someone’s bluetooth connected. It looks like someone drove from nearby location, apart from that everything looked great, so enjoy your new car.

Upvote 0