Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does it need the 2nd row center conclose for Model X 6 seats?Do you have it now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You mean like the Model S rear seat console that Tesla sold?

I have that one. It sits on the middle of the Model S rear seat, but is secured by a tether to a hardpoint on the back of the rear seat that's more commonly used for securing child seats. If it's tethered correctly, that console isn't going anywhere in a crash. But that implementation isn't really applicable to a middle-seat console for the Model X, IMHO.

The main drawback of the Model S rear seat console (besides the price that is) was that the hinge for the lid kept breaking. I hope the Model X console is more sturdy than that (can't really tell from the pictures).

Bruce.

I think the centre console is a good idea in principle but they could have made it far more useful. It didn't need drinks holders because pop-out ones are already provided (do you really need 4 cup holders?) and the storage space looks tiny relative to the size of the console. They could have made it a lot more practical than it is. As it is I wouldn't bother with the console and make the most of the "aisle" space, which for me is THE big attraction of the 6 seater anyway.
Mabe the second row cup holder is convenience for the passenger.If the sencond row passengers need to have a position to put the drinks,this time the cup holder is need here.

I have the center console on my model X and I like it, but would have preferred a removable option so you could put it in when you wanted and when you use the back seats you could remove it if you wanted. We mainly use the X as a 4 seater and it is nice to have in that use case.
Just like this which can be removable by yourself?
5.jpg

Ok, so for a non-existent option you don't believe they could develop a safe way to implement it.....

On the S option, I have the Evannex one and it is OK. I added a large, no slip sticky pad under mine and makes it perfect. Doesn't slide or move at all, and I only use the rear tether.

I ordered my X with the center console. I first found it practical, my kids found it stupid. We kept it for about 2 weeks just to try it. We all agreed it had to go.
I took it out,( quite easy to remove) and the car feels sooooooooooo much more open and bigger. The fact that the kids can move free from 2 row to 3 row without me having to stop the car, and the whining about this stupid box, is just an extra bonus.

Just my 2 cent`s

• Informative
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
I ordered my X with the center console. I first found it practical, my kids found it stupid. We kept it for about 2 weeks just to try it. We all agreed it had to go.
I took it out,( quite easy to remove) and the car feels sooooooooooo much more open and bigger. The fact that the kids can move free from 2 row to 3 row without me having to stop the car, and the whining about this stupid box, is just an extra bonus.

Just my 2 cent`s

What do you have to do to remove it? Is floor carpeted under where it is installed?

Just my 2 cent`s

Would it be easy to bolt it back?

What do you have to do to remove it? Is floor carpeted under where it is installed?
NO, there is no carpet under the bracket. You just pull off the plastic cover in front and back of the console and then you see 4 nuts to remove. Take them off, lift it out, and you`re done.
There will be a hole about 10x10 inches and about 3 inch high after you remove it. I put some correct size wood in the hole,and bought new rubber mats from tesla to cover it. Works for me.

Would it be easy to bolt it back?

YES, took me about 20min to get it out. Would assume 10 to get it back in now that i know how it works.

NO, there is no carpet under the bracket. You just pull off the plastic cover in front and back of the console and then you see 4 nuts to remove. Take them off, lift it out, and you`re done.
There will be a hole about 10x10 inches and about 3 inch high after you remove it. I put some correct size wood in the hole,and bought new rubber mats from tesla to cover it. Works for me.

YES, took me about 20min to get it out. Would assume 10 to get it back in now that i know how it works.

Thank you for this! I ended up getting an inventory model that had the console and I wasn’t sold on it - after having it for about a month, I’m still not sold on it so I’m going to give this a shot next week.

What did you use to pull the plastic off? Any tricks getting it loose?

Thanks in advance

Can you provide photos *without* the custom mat you made to cover it? I would love to see whats inside the hole.

Thank you for this! I ended up getting an inventory model that had the console and I wasn’t sold on it - after having it for about a month, I’m still not sold on it so I’m going to give this a shot next week.

What did you use to pull the plastic off? Any tricks getting it loose?

Thanks in advance
Soooo, just for you guys I went up in the attic at 1 in the night, brougt the console down in the kitchen to take some photos.
Used a pry tool( is that right ??) Just a blue plastic tool to get under the edge, but with small finger you will get under it too.
The one on the back side is a bit harder to get off because of the white clips in picture 4. They will break.

Attachments

• 15134680526701474645264.jpg
    15134680526701474645264.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 175
  • 1513468242081260248395.jpg
    1513468242081260248395.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 163
  • 1513468517025866708587.jpg
    1513468517025866708587.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 1513468760337-1055684346.jpg
    1513468760337-1055684346.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 167
Thanks so much for posting the pics. Seems Telsa could have made this completely a removable option if they wanted, just supply a fill plate for the floor gap missing and some type of carpet fill. Really like your solution for this, really nice work.