Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does It Seem Like Everyone Wants To Race You?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having my P3D for a total of three weeks now, it seems at every traffic light other vehicles and drivers want to race on green. The ones that want a go at it are usually mustangs, camaros, dodge chargers, challengers, pickup trucks, hyundai’s, and just too many to count.

Last night was an Infiniti QX80. Nothing like listening to the QX80 revving up that big 5.6 V-8, but I had already reached the other traffic light before he even caught up!! Another interesting one was a Chevy Spark who was tailgating behind me and when I accelerated to 5 mph over the speed limit on the highway, he seemed to run out of steam.

Anyone else feels like they always have others who want to race?

All the time! Especially on the highways and at traffic lights. I ignore most times but sometimes I give in and when I do, I beat them every time.

Actually, back when I drove to work, once in a while I would get to the traffic light next to this older Lexus with a V8. We would race, which I would of course win and then ease off. Lexus would keep going and make this right hand turn at the limit. I could see the lexus leaning over heavily and bouncing slightly in the turn. Somehow it made it all 3 or 4 times.