Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does It Seem Like Everyone Wants To Race You?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here in the US, some think you are rich if you drive a Tesla. Most don’t know the different model designations and ask a lot of questions. If someone or families have never seen or sat in a Tesla, I offer my MS and M3 as a demonstrator if I have time to spare. Usually happens at the superchargers. Then we have those people who are very hateful of EV’s in general. Lots of vandalism towards our cars from the haters.
An Audi A6 Avant Sport 2.0 TFSI costs around $120k over here
Mercedes GLE 350de AMG costs $150k
A TM3P costs $60k
TMS Plaid will cost about $150k

It wasn't racing but several months ago I was stopped on a two lane highway waiting patiently for the car ahead of me to turn left across traffic. I saw another car coming up behind me begin to pass me on the shoulder to the right just as the car in front cleared the lane. So, I floored the go pedal — something I hardly ever do — and watched him disappear in my mirror. The funny part was that even though I was just noodling along at 3 mph over the 60 limit, for the next twenty miles or so he never got within a quarter mile of my car. I've often wondered whether he had a scared passenger who "read him the riot act" about passing on the right or just was embarrassed about his mistake.

Then we have those people who are very hateful of EV’s in general. Lots of vandalism towards our cars from the haters.
I never understood why the hate for EVs to the point of vandalizing, rolling coal and ICEing at charging stations. Fear of loss of jobs for petroleum workers? Anti green movement? It's scary the amount of ignorance out there.

When I go to a car club meet, I put this sign in the window.

IMG_2463.JPG

Over here most people assume you're an a-hole if you drive a Tesla. Which makes some people drive really aggressive around you, and some stop driving efficiently because they assume you're going to drive egocentric.
I tend to always let 1 car in front of me in every roundabout and intersection when there's stop-and-go traffic. As soon as I got a TM3 I almost always have to stop and flash the lights to make people understand that I'm letting them in.

Sidenote: now that everyone and their grandparents have a TM3 this preconception about Tesla owners are starting to go away
Is it true that 48% of cars in Norway are electric, or did some dope mean current sales and/or include hybrids?

I never understood why the hate for EVs to the point of vandalizing, rolling coal and ICEing at charging stations. Fear of loss of jobs for petroleum workers? Anti green movement? It's scary the amount of ignorance out there.
Imagine you are XXXXX, working at a job you hate and that hates you. You take on debt up to your eyebrows and buy an ICE something or another to gain a little escape from your miserable life, and for a few moments of glory at a red light.

And then along comes a Tesla ...

We got ICE’d at the supercharger in Huntsville, TX. Think one of the Tesla owners went into the Holiday Inn and told manager the Ford work truck was blocking 2 supercharging spots!! After finishing walking my dog, the truck was moved. The nice part was several owners were telling me they were about to finish charging and offered their spot to me. If you are at a Tesla Supercharger and it’s connected to a business, make sure you go into the business and thank them for taking care of Tesla owners.
2E241242-9568-4A69-B1B0-E0EE8BD840F9.jpeg
81BC9EE7-5759-412A-83D4-35B256382B0C.jpeg

There are so many Teslas here in Santa Barbara that almost everyone who has tried to best a Tesla got their a$$es wiped and realized how hopeless it is. Beemers, Audis and Mustangs especially all behave very nicely off of a red light. Some Dodges put up a spirited fight with the same result. And I don't even have a P.

Yeah..in so-cal barely anyone plays with Teslas anymore. A pickup tries once or twice but if you get several bus lengths to 60 at a couple lights, they give up after try number 2. :D

No. Not once, ever.
Almost the same here. When i first got the car a Model X 75 tried to race me, fall 2018, i have a stealth 3, smoked him. In a safe manner of course, then maybe one more time, but in 2 years, 2 cars. Oddly pickup trucks get kinda weird around me sometimes, but not really racing. They act like a hemorrhoid flare up i guess? Never had one, but as seen on commercials.