Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does MI have a "vanity license plate" checker? Any ideas for a good lic plate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm picking up my new 70D in late June and I want to pick out a unique license plate for it. I'll be registering the car in Michigan. Does Michigan (or someone else) have a website where you can check to see if a particular vanity plate is available? It would be nice to know if my ideas are used or not before I go to the Secretary of State to get a vanity plate.

Does anyone know the vanity plate rules (number of characters, spaces, etc) for Michigan?

Some vanity plate ideas:
GO ELECT
EV REVO
ELEC CAR
ALL 4 EV
TESLA EV
EL3CTRIC
ELECTR1C
ALL ELEC
100 ELEC

Any other ideas?

I'm picking up my new 70D in late June and I want to pick out a unique license plate for it. I'll be registering the car in Michigan. Does Michigan (or someone else) have a website where you can check to see if a particular vanity plate is available? It would be nice to know if my ideas are used or not before I go to the Secretary of State to get a vanity plate.

Does anyone know the vanity plate rules (number of characters, spaces, etc) for Michigan?

Some vanity plate ideas:
GO ELECT
EV REVO
ELEC CAR
ALL 4 EV
TESLA EV
EL3CTRIC
ELECTR1C
ALL ELEC
100 ELEC

Any other ideas?
You get seven characters (letters and numbers only), including spaces. Michigan's plate rules can be found here: SOS - Personalized Plates

The plate checker can be found here: http://services.sos.state.mi.us/plates/

Well, my avatar tells you what I liked. With 7 characters possible, I could have spelled it out properly. Only 6 here though, with a possible 7th as a space or dash only.

Others that made my short list (adjusted for your 7 character max) were 'KIX GAS', 'AMPRAGE', 'AMPED', 'AMPEATR' and 'PLUGZEN'.

I thought of putting a space between the EV and the OLVD to push the EV aspect, but didn't think many people would get that... :confused:

IMG_0900.jpg

It was between this and KWH PWR for me.