Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Model 3 have cornering lights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I imagine this answer is out there somewhere but I can't find it. My 2012 Model S had cornering lights that would automatically come on when I would turn the wheel hard to the right or left and illuminate what was almost perpendicular to my car. I live in a poorly lit area and appreciated having these. Does the Model 3 have something similar?

I asked a salesperson about that and they said “not available on the Model 3”. I think it is one of the many points of differentiation between the 3 and the S/X and do not expect Tesla to offer cornering lights on the 3 in the future.

I also owned an early S with the cornering lights. I only found them useful at very low speeds in parking lots or entering/exiting driveways.

My Model X has cornering lights that are much better.

...I only found them useful at very low speeds in parking lots or entering/exiting driveways.

Yes, exactly. I have a very curvy driveway and the cornering lights let me be sure I was not about to slowly drive over a sprinkler or flower pot or something left on my driveway during the day. Without those lights I can’t see off to the sides where the car is just about to drive during a sharp low speed turn.