TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Does model 3 have sound dampening on trunk?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Silver Ghost, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Silver Ghost

Silver Ghost Member

I just got my car back after repair and the repair shop is telling me that there is no sound reduction materials over the trunk. Can some please check their model 3 and see if the metal is showing over the trunk and if not post a picture please - so I can show it to the repair shop.
    They claim that there is no part number etc and that Tesla never put this on. The car is very loud without it.
    Thank you all

2. Elja Trum

Elja Trum Member

This is normal. There is no cloth here; just metal.
    There are aftermarket options for it, if you prefer. I have it, but doesn't do much for sound, just look more 'finished'. :)

• Like x 1
  3. lowtek

lowtek Member

Who you making ride in the trunk?

• Funny x 1
  4. Silver Ghost

Silver Ghost Member

Ok thank you. I just thought there would be something there.

5. LowBattery

LowBattery Member