Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Model S have ultrasonic senors between the front and rear wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that all the visible circular ultrasonic sensors are in the front and rear bumper of the car. I know that Model X has ultrasonic sensors behind the aluminum in the doors and I was wondering if the Model S also had ultrasonic sensors in the front and rear doors or if the ultrasonic sensors are limited to the visible ones you see on the front and rear bumper.

Just wondering if there are any proximity sensors between the front and rear wheels...

No, the range is such that unless the object is very close or thin or low to the ground it can be detected. Ultrasonics have seen massive improvement in sensitivity since 2017.

Do you have any source about the ultrasonic improvements in 2017?

Where I park, I need to be just about 5 inches away from the wall and unfortunately the sensors stop counting down after 10 inches, when it is the most useful... So I usually drive until I see 10 inches change to "STOP" and then "drive just a bit more." Wish it counted down to 5 inches!

Do you have any source about the ultrasonic improvements in 2017?

Where I park, I need to be just about 5 inches away from the wall and unfortunately the sensors stop counting down after 10 inches, when it is the most useful... So I usually drive until I see 10 inches change to "STOP" and then "drive just a bit more." Wish it counted down to 5 inches!

It goes to 8 inches but they could be more specific. No source just my observations over time.