Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Model X have a California trunk lid?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AnxietyRanger

Aug 22, 2014
EU
OK, so, is it just me or is the Model X trunk lid rather prone to closing due to even a small amount of this white stuff some far-away places get some times? I missed most of the winter weather with the car last winter, so I'm kind of experiencing all this snow stuff fresh.

I didn't have any issues with the couple of winters with the Model S trunk (was also auto-open/auto-close), but judging by the past weeks the Model X trunk seems to be particularly sensitive to both not opening very wide - and also tending to close down under even fairly little weight from snow, both mechnically prone as well as sensors being overly sensitive. So not only does it suddenly back up and close after a beep, sometimes it also just goes limp and closes. I've never seen such a floppy trunk lid. It behaves perfectly normally in sunshine and rain, never had any issues normally, so it has to be the extra weight on top.

My head has been banged so many times now that if you notice a personality change it is my trunk, not a second poster hijacking my account (note to @buttershrimp). I would especially like experiences from other (past or present) Model S owners who have a Model X. Have you noticed a difference to the worse with the Model X? The falcon wings are champs by comparison, no complaints there. The Model X trunk feels like a 5.25" floppy next to a 3.5" diskette (Model S trunk).

Before the requisite service center comments appear, one reason I'm asking is to know if this is something to keep an eye on/have checked later or if it is a normal difference between Model S and Model X. :)

My Model X has the adaptive spoiler and my old Model S had the carbon fiber spoiler if that makes a difference.

Thank you.