Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Model Y come with heated steering wheel now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I tried searching on TMC and Google for an answer to my question, but nothing was defintive.

I ordered a blue RWD Model Y from the EU this week, and the salesman said it would be made in Shanghai most likely.

[Berlin is now producing/delivering white and black Y's, and will take on additional colours after further ramping. This could be in time for my order (December2022-February2023 delivery range) but most likely not.]

I wanted to know if I would get a heated steering wheel in my vehicle (forgot to ask the Tesla salesman). We're talking the "base" model (RWD) but there were no options for premium interior (I remember years ago they offered this on the configurator).

Heated seats front and back is included I believe. Heated steering wheel is not mentioned anywhere on the configurator. But then again a lot of reports talk about heated steering wheel coming out of Shanghai since end of 2021.

Anyone has a firm grasp on Tesla trims or got recent delivery? Thanks in advance.

Tried mine tonight on way home from work. I could not feel it getting warm ? My heat was set to 72 inside. Outside temp was 51. Just wanted to try it since I picked up MYP back in June. Anyone have one that works and how warm does it get? Should I do car reboot or Should I setup a service visit?

I did a power down with passenger window open and door closed and reached inside Then from Controls > Safety > Power Off. Let the car sit for 30mins Powered off. Then opened driver door and put foot on brake and powered up. All working now. Also that resolved my iPhone Tesla App connection to the car issue I have been having the last 2 weeks.

Reactions: B3stswat
Tried mine tonight on way home from work. I could not feel it getting warm ? My heat was set to 72 inside. Outside temp was 51. Just wanted to try it since I picked up MYP back in June. Anyone have one that works and how warm does it get? Should I do car reboot or Should I setup a service visit?
You can definitely feel it if it's working.

Reactions: DanDi58