Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does my S sit too high?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gap between wheel arch and top of rear tire is around 2.5" at standard SAS height on level ground in my garage. Front tire is about 2". This seems bigger than all other S's I see on the road or in parking lots. Should I bring it in to service?

MaFkLTn.jpg

KqT4pic.jpg

I'm guessing that you may have inadvertently raised the car when parked in your garage with the GPS setting on. If so, it will always raise your car to that level when in your garage. To check, drive out of the garage several hundred yards and see if the car lowers.
Nope. It is standard height. I just measured very high and it's about 1 inch higher than the pic above. Too dark to take a picture. Will post a pic tomorrow morning.

I have a Refresh, so maybe different.

Measuring wheel-to-fender, I get 5 1/2" in std and 6 3/4" in VH. Looks pretty much like what you have. Maybe the other cars you are looking at put their car in low when they park, or maybe you are looking at 21" wheels, which give the appearance of being lower?

Measuring wheel-to-fender, I get 5 1/2" in std and 6 3/4" in VH. Looks pretty much like what you have. Maybe the other cars you are looking at put their car in low when they park, or maybe you are looking at 21" wheels, which give the appearance of being lower?
I've been paying attention to all the S's I see lately. There are several in my parking lot at work all with 19s and all are lower than mine. Yes they may all be on low but I doubt it. I can measure wheel-to-fender as well. The camera was lining up the top of tire with the measuring tape, so the perspective is off at the wheel in the pic. My guess is my wheel-to-fender gap is about 1" larger than what you measured.

I've been paying attention to all the S's I see lately. There are several in my parking lot at work all with 19s and all are lower than mine. Yes they may all be on low but I doubt it. I can measure wheel-to-fender as well. The camera was lining up the top of tire with the measuring tape, so the perspective is off at the wheel in the pic. My guess is my wheel-to-fender gap is about 1" larger than what you measured.

Have you had any tire wear abnormalities? I'd actually like mine to be higher. Low is fun until someone scratches their bottom.

At std height, I measure 6" wheel-to-finder. Low is 5 1/2". So looks like I'm at least 1/2" off.