Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does my wife need to be present at taking delivery of the M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Follow up question... I have my wife listed as co registrant, but the loan will just be under my name, not both of ours. It appears their website says all names on the reg need to be on the loan. Can anybody say whether this is true or not? I may have to just take her name off the registration (which, of course, it appears I cannot do on the website)

here in FLA both my Lexus and MB purchases were in both our names but I was the only one there at paperwork/delivery time. Both dealers said that as long as the registration wasn't changing then only 1 person had to be there. I brought the check from my CU with me and entered the final amount and signed it and that was that. Hoping Tesla is the same way since coordinating 2 work schedules at different ends of town to match up with a 15 minute delivery window is crazy difficult.

Follow up question... I have my wife listed as co registrant, but the loan will just be under my name, not both of ours. It appears their website says all names on the reg need to be on the loan. Can anybody say whether this is true or not? I may have to just take her name off the registration (which, of course, it appears I cannot do on the website)

This would not fly 100 percent of it was a house but they -might- be more casual about a car. Though a Roadster 2020 can be more than a house. :D

To save yourself the pain and uncertainty I would keep things consistent.

Even if Tesla says it’s ok, financier could make delivery day awkward.

This would not fly 100 percent of it was a house but they -might- be more casual about a car. Though a Roadster 2020 can be more than a house. :D

To save yourself the pain and uncertainty I would keep things consistent.

Even if Tesla says it’s ok, financier could make delivery day awkward.

Funny you say that. My wife's name is the only one on the mortgage, however, both our names are on the house title, thanks to Texas law.