TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Does navigate on autopilot try to get you out of the passing lane?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by A-Wimoweh, Sep 24, 2020.

1. A-Wimoweh

A-Wimoweh Member

I have a 2018 MS75D, with the enhanced autopilot package. HW 2.5 I think, I have not had the upgrade to HW 3.0 installed. I remember seeing an update come out recently for other cars(I think with HW3?) where NOA will not hang out/stay in the passing lane. I seem to remember my car prompting me to switch out of the passing lane like a year ago, but it has not done it now for months. I thought maybe it was a setting that got changed during an update, but I can't seem to find anything that would pertain to this. Anyone else remember their car prompting or automatically switching lanes out of the passing lane?

I think I remember loosing this functionality about the time that I turned off lane change confirmation(took me a while to trust it). I switched the lane change confirmation back on, but it never asks me to get out of the passing lane. I'm pretty sure at one point in the past it would ask/prompt me to get out of the passing lane.

2. ucmndd

ucmndd Well-Known Member

NoA has included the ability/feature to automatically move you out of the passing lane for quite some time now.

The improvement in recent firmware adds a config setting that allows you to override that feature if you wish (i.e. your car will stay in the passing lane indefinitely).

3. A-Wimoweh

A-Wimoweh Member

How do I enable it so it will move me out of the passing lane? My car will just stay in the passing lane until I intervene.