Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does new My Q integration need any hardware if you already have a My Q GDO?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Alset2

Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2020
Ocala. Fl
Like title says, we have a 1 year old Chamberlain My Q opener, is this new integration basically just singing into your My Q account in the car and then it will give you the on screen buttons to use?
Do they pop up when you get close like HomeLink does?

Thanks for any insight/ experience

We just bought a new M3 last night and I was about to do service request fot the Homelink and ran across this My Q integration. I really like how the Homelink works, if My Q were similar it might be an option.

Thanks

I signed up for the 30 trial offer.

It connects to your existing account. When you set it up it will give you a QR code to scan with your phone, then you sign in and activate.

You can set it up for auto open/close
And the button comes on the display like homelink.

For me personally I think that I’ll be sticking with my clicker. I have a hard time paying subscriptions for stuff I’ve already paid for.

Agreed.
I signed up for the 30 trial offer.

It connects to your existing account. When you set it up it will give you a QR code to scan with your phone, then you sign in and activate.

You can set it up for auto open/close
And the button comes on the display like homelink.

For me personally I think that I’ll be sticking with my clicker. I have a hard time paying subscriptions for stuff I’ve already paid for.
i did the same signed up for the trial. I kind of like the auto open and close feature

I don’t have holiday update yet but:
Here is subscription details from the MyQ app I have been using for my Chamberlain WiFi gdo. It can be geofenced, with alerts for open/ close status. Can be interfaced anywhere in the world from my phone. Also integrates nicely with Key app by Amazon (free) for in garage deliveries.

Attachments

• 68287297-D517-4043-89F5-86FA8BB91B60.png
    68287297-D517-4043-89F5-86FA8BB91B60.png
    207.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 47B9A9E3-D6D2-4C09-A1FE-8512F7880AAA.png
    47B9A9E3-D6D2-4C09-A1FE-8512F7880AAA.png
    847.5 KB · Views: 71
Just wanted to thank everyone for chiming in. I think I will try it for a bit once we get the update.

I hate subscriptions too but once I get over the initial revolt against it, the fact that it still costs less than buying Home Link makes it so I might be able to stomach it. Especially if it works like it seems with the ability to recognize the door state and all that.

The pragmatic part I hate most about subscription based software is that about the time i get used to the interface, they change it! Doubt that will matter much with this though.

anyway, thanks again

I am still trying this free trial.
The only thing hat works great is the automatic open. It will not auto close and I have to use the clicker.

It will not connect after it disconnects from Wi-Fi and goes to cellular. Where I live is a giant dead zone.

I elected to get homelink installed on both our Y and 3. Even each cost more than the subscription I don’t like how I have the app on my phone for free for my MyQ GDOs (two) but would need to pay a subscription fee.
You have an app on you phone for free and you paid a lot of money for a $10 box. Chamberlain just wants their cut whichever way you access in the car.

I have the trial and the status works , opening works, closing doesn’t work. Won’t be keeping it after the 30 day trial ends , useless if it won’t close. I have the hub with the door sensor.

Works on my phone for years no issues. Another member has the same issue as well

Reactions: Randy-12
I have the trial and the status works , opening works, closing doesn’t work. Won’t be keeping it after the 30 day trial ends , useless if it won’t close. I have the hub with the door sensor.

Works on my phone for years no issues. Another member has the same issue as well
Is there an option to enable/disable the beep?

Does it work to close when away from the house?

Update to my previous post. Installed 2022.44.25.2 today and signed up for free trial of MyQ for Tesla with my GDO which has MyQ built in and doesn’t need the separate MyQ hub. Works great. Set distance to start opening of 70 feet which has the door open by the time I arrive at the driveway. Icon at top of display opens and I can close garage door from screen or push button on wall as I enter house. When I leave, the garage door starts closing by the time I get to the end of my driveway.
$219 for the full MyQ GDO plus $45 per year subscription or buy the $20 MyQ hub from Amazon for your current GDO plus $45 per year or $350 for Tesla Homelink. Nice we have choices now.
There is a good video series on YouTube of how to set up the MyQ hub by BC Tesla Guy. He also shows how to get rid of the hub’s annoying flashing warning lights and alarm. The lights and alarm don’t happen if the GDO has MyQ built in.