TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Does P100D require warming battery for 0-60 in 2.5 seconds?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by jerry505, Dec 23, 2016.

1. jerry505

jerry505 Member

My P85D with Ludicrous has a warm battery button to achieve 0-60 MPH in 2.9 seconds. I believe the wait period can be like 40 minutes, which I have never done.

I wonder if the P100D also has a button for warming to achieve 0-60 MPH in 2.5 seconds.

2. NSX1992

NSX1992 Member

I believe so. Don't worry about the 40 minute wait as the car will go like crazy. After one or more runs the battery will be warm and you can experience the 2.9

3. jerry505

jerry505 Member

2.9? What about the 2.5?

4. Pezpunk

Pezpunk Member

i don't know how to time it, but it feels ridiculously fast even without battery warming. in fact, my butt dyno can't tell a difference between launches i've done with Max Battery on and off.

how long the warm up process takes depends on the outdoor temp more than anything. when i got the car in September, it was warm, and battery warmup only took like 15 minutes. now it's below freezing and it says it takes and hour plus, but if i drive around it seems to warm up faster than that. either way, like i said, it doesn't seem to make much difference whether the battery is warmed or not.

PS - what's the best app for timing your 0-60 runs?

5. sorka

sorka Active Member

Only if the battery is really cold. If you've been driving for a while or even supercharge for a good 20 minutes, you'll notice that it already says "ready" if you activate max battery or at the very least it will say something like ready in 5 minutes.