Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Pearl White issues still exits?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My neighbor 3 doors down just picked up her white MY this past weekend. Her VIN is in the 40K range. Since I picked up my MY 3 months ago, she asked me to look over her car for any issues that I experienced. After spending 45 minutes on her vehicle, there were a few minor panel gap and interior cosmetic issues, but the paint itself was pretty good. I looked at it from multiple angles under the sun and the paint seems to be pretty uniform and consistent.

My neighbor 3 doors down just picked up her white MY this past weekend. Her VIN is in the 40K range. Since I picked up my MY 3 months ago, she asked me to look over her car for any issues that I experienced. After spending 45 minutes on her vehicle, there were a few minor panel gap and interior cosmetic issues, but the paint itself was pretty good. I looked at it from multiple angles under the sun and the paint seems to be pretty uniform and consistent.
Awesome!
Thanks! would you know if the Vin #s are sequential?

Has anyone taken delivery of pearl white lately with paint mismatch? I pick mine up next week.

Yes! I have posted this in other threads. This was from Wednesday the 9th. I rejected delivery within 10 seconds of seeing the car. MSM scheduled to arrive next week.

7 other white MYs on the lot at KC. All with paint issues. Very easy to tell under overcast skies. The DA said when it is sunny nobody notices.

Attachments

• 2207DBF7-01EA-4DC4-984D-B88DB34F78AF.jpeg
    2207DBF7-01EA-4DC4-984D-B88DB34F78AF.jpeg
    651.2 KB · Views: 525
Picked up my white Model Y last week, VIN 42xxx. two very minor paint defects (much too small for me to hyperventilate about, YMMV).
I did notice, if you look in just the right light, yeah you can imagine the plastic rear bumper is a slightly different color (yellower?) than the rest of the car. But not sure I wasn't imagining it, and again much too minor to care about. I buy for technology and performance/handling, not jewelry. Seeking perfection in this life is a fool's errand, IMHO. YMMV. cheers

Picked mine up yesterday and I don't notice anything major. The rear bumper seems to shift colors differently than the rest of the car but that is expected because pearl paint. Up close all panels appear the same color to me.

RR4uJr9.jpeg

1zsbmdm.jpeg

IrWazqL.jpeg

6IWKuSl.jpeg

This car looks to have excellent color match and uniformity, although it does look like your rear door need to be adjusted a bit to get the body lines aligned.

Just took delivery of my MY on saturday. Was really worried about paint and misalignment issues from what i heard. Was pleasantly surprised. No real alignment issues. The front doors stick out a little bit and there are a couple tiny paint defects. Already scheduled an appt to get it fixed. The paint looks good for the most part. The bumpers are slightly different color. You really have to look at it closely in the right light to see it.

Reactions: filotej
Just took delivery of my MY on saturday. Was really worried about paint and misalignment issues from what i heard. Was pleasantly surprised. No real alignment issues. The front doors stick out a little bit and there are a couple tiny paint defects. Already scheduled an appt to get it fixed. The paint looks good for the most part. The bumpers are slightly different color. You really have to look at it closely in the right light to see it.

Post some pics

Reactions: KyleATMn