TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Does Pearl White issues still exits?

Discussion in 'Model Y: Interior & Exterior' started by coley102203, Sep 7, 2020.

1. coley102203

coley102203 Member

Has anyone taken delivery of pearl white lately with paint mismatch? I pick mine up next week.

2. MHATB FLA

MHATB FLA Member

I pick up my white M3 in two weeks from Coral Gables location. Also interested to hear other's comments.

[By the way, are you going to get windows tinted? If so, where? I am also in Miami area].

3. coley102203

coley102203 Member

I’m also picking up from that location on the 20th. I seen a video today on YouTube of someone picking a model y. The white look good without any mismatch.

4. coley102203

coley102203 Member

When is your delivery date?

5. VOLinFL

VOLinFL Member

Picking mine up on Sunday and extremely paranoid about it now. 41xxx vin so hope it’s sorted

6. dmh444

dmh444 Member

My neighbor 3 doors down just picked up her white MY this past weekend. Her VIN is in the 40K range. Since I picked up my MY 3 months ago, she asked me to look over her car for any issues that I experienced. After spending 45 minutes on her vehicle, there were a few minor panel gap and interior cosmetic issues, but the paint itself was pretty good. I looked at it from multiple angles under the sun and the paint seems to be pretty uniform and consistent.

7. VOLinFL

VOLinFL Member

Awesome!
    Thanks! would you know if the Vin #s are sequential?

8. Cousin Eddy

Cousin Eddy Member

Saw a new ‘white ‘Y’ on the Local Tesla’s lot this past Monday, Bumper paint had cream tint, and both front doors were grossly misaligned

9. rking0122

rking0122 Member

I picked mine up 8/20, VIN 373** and have no mismatch.

• Like x 3
  10. filotej

filotej Member

It's common across all manufacturers. I notice them now more. Especially with the new paints they are using.

11. MHATB FLA

MHATB FLA Member

Scheduled to pick up on 9/19.

12. OZKM3

OZKM3 Member

Yes! I have posted this in other threads. This was from Wednesday the 9th. I rejected delivery within 10 seconds of seeing the car. MSM scheduled to arrive next week.

7 other white MYs on the lot at KC. All with paint issues. Very easy to tell under overcast skies. The DA said when it is sunny nobody notices.

Attached Files:

13. bdambrosio

bdambrosio Member

Picked up my white Model Y last week, VIN 42xxx. two very minor paint defects (much too small for me to hyperventilate about, YMMV).
    I did notice, if you look in just the right light, yeah you can imagine the plastic rear bumper is a slightly different color (yellower?) than the rest of the car. But not sure I wasn't imagining it, and again much too minor to care about. I buy for technology and performance/handling, not jewelry. Seeking perfection in this life is a fool's errand, IMHO. YMMV. cheers

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  14. adecker

adecker Member

Picked mine up yesterday and I don't notice anything major. The rear bumper seems to shift colors differently than the rest of the car but that is expected because pearl paint. Up close all panels appear the same color to me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 2
  15. Brown1428

Brown1428 Member

This car looks to have excellent color match and uniformity, although it does look like your rear door need to be adjusted a bit to get the body lines aligned.

• Like x 2
  16. Brown1428

Brown1428 Member

This fellow walks over to a nearby SC and inspects roughly 20 new Model Ys. He touches on the color match issue late in the video and notes that the white cars all have poorly matched bumpers.

• Like x 1
  17. Robert2020

Robert2020 Member

Will service center fix it or this is it?

18. EAV1

EAV1 Member

I love Tesla and I will probably defend the manufacturer vigorously when I get my car, but those misalignments are f***ing pathetic.

19. rich91724

rich91724 Member

Just took delivery of my MY on saturday. Was really worried about paint and misalignment issues from what i heard. Was pleasantly surprised. No real alignment issues. The front doors stick out a little bit and there are a couple tiny paint defects. Already scheduled an appt to get it fixed. The paint looks good for the most part. The bumpers are slightly different color. You really have to look at it closely in the right light to see it.

• Like x 1
  20. Balthezor

Balthezor Member

Post some pics

• Like x 1