Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Pearl White issues still exits?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery today of a white performance with a 56,000 vin and paint is perfect. No discoloration on the bumper or doors. No major panel issues. It needs a few minor adjustments. One to the charging door, the passenger door, and maybe a head light (although with the headlight I may just be being picky). I was not expecting perfection but I can say this. My husband bought a new GMC Sierra at4 last year and it had more quality issues than my car!

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
74EF797C-B84D-4A14-8561-9FD25560DE9D.jpeg
801CD6DB-CE98-4DCE-A4E4-ABACD8C8CF68.jpeg
4BACFDB1-58A9-4728-9DE0-C3F23E8261C7.jpeg
Here’s some pics of mine I got yesterday. Paint is perfect! All of my cars have been a pearl white type color and in some shadows colors bounce differently. I’ve looked at this thing in all lighting and it’s great!

View attachment 593811 View attachment 593812 View attachment 593813 Here’s some pics of mine I got yesterday. Paint is perfect! All of my cars have been a pearl white type color and in some shadows colors bounce differently. I’ve looked at this thing in all lighting and it’s great!

Right. Pearl white is hard to match up (for all car manufactures) and yes some Tesla's are better or worse than others. Also I do think the lines of the Y itself make it seem worse than it really is. I've seen some Y's that have been completely vinyl wrapped that the back doors seem to be a different color than the front ones.

Reactions: swanlakemy
This car looks to have excellent color match and uniformity, although it does look like your rear door need to be adjusted a bit to get the body lines aligned.

Man, I'm either blind or nowhere near as picky as you guys. I just spent a couple of minutes staring at these pics and have no idea what you're seeing that's out of alignment. Not saying you're wrong, just that I'm not seeing it. Legitimately, can you point out what I should be seeing here?

I can only guess what you guys would make of my old Model S! ;-)

Reactions: swanlakemy
Mine had a mismatched rear bumper that was fixed and its still not 100% but alot of it seems to be the angles as it matches the hatch. The main problem I had was originally the rear bumper seemed to have a yellow hue rather than bright white. My car is back to have the door fixed as the paint matched, but seemed to not be fully and evenly painted like someone quickly hit it with a rattle can. When I dropped at service center I noticed a White performance in the lot that seemed to have the same issues on the doors.

Now that we're into December, are there any recent November/December white deliveries that people want to share photos of? I'm still leaning toward MSM or Blue, but my better half has been leaning white lately. I can't deny that the M3 and MY both look great in white, and it really pops when driving down the street--but it's also the most common colour around here by far (I've been keeping count the past few weeks for fun), and I'm worried about the bumper mismatch. Has it finally been reduced to a non-issue? The other thing that worries me is that it seems like gap and panel alignment issues are more noticeable on white MYs than MSM or Blue. Is this my imagination?

Now that we're into December, are there any recent November/December white deliveries that people want to share photos of? I'm still leaning toward MSM or Blue, but my better half has been leaning white lately. I can't deny that the M3 and MY both look great in white, and it really pops when driving down the street--but it's also the most common colour around here by far (I've been keeping count the past few weeks for fun), and I'm worried about the bumper mismatch. Has it finally been reduced to a non-issue? The other thing that worries me is that it seems like gap and panel alignment issues are more noticeable on white MYs than MSM or Blue. Is this my imagination?

the paint color miss match is still present - many claim not to see it, but they are in denial - it's there in plain site.

I went with MSM, which also has a bit of a miss match, but far less obvious
two slightly different 'shades of grey' [ :rolleyes: ] are far better than white and yellow

I seem to have this problem too. The metal parts of the car are bright white and the plastic on front and rear is more like a cream color. I scheduled a service appointment, but I’m concerned that if they do green light a fix, the resulting paint job will be sub par. Right now, other than the color mismatch, the paint is in great shape. Quite the dilemma. Here’s a photo of metal panel next to a plastic one.

Attachments

• ACAA4374-BD9E-4DCA-90B0-A8FA6FD75ADA.jpeg
    ACAA4374-BD9E-4DCA-90B0-A8FA6FD75ADA.jpeg
    235.2 KB · Views: 66