Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does premium connectivity transfer to a new owner?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As long as your M3 has premium interior and your car was ordered on or before 30 June 2019
The car has Premium Connectivity for lifetime of the car.

No mention Premium Connectivity being associated with or transferring with the owner to another car
so it looks like it would say with the car
Would still pay to check with Tesla

Who is eligible for a Premium Connectivity subscription?
All Model S, Model X and Model 3 ordered on or after July 1, 2019 can subscribe to Premium Connectivity. All cars ordered on or before June 30, 2019 receive Premium Connectivity automatically for the lifetime of the car (excluding retrofits or upgrades required for any features or services externally supplied to the vehicle – e.g. telecommunications network).

ModelOrdered on or before
June 30, 2019
Ordered on or after
July 1, 2019
Model S
Model X
Free Premium ConnectivityEligible for Premium Connectivity subscription
Model 3 with Premium InteriorFree Premium ConnectivityEligible for Premium Connectivity subscription
Model 3 Standard Range
Model 3 Standard Range Plus
Not ApplicableEligible for Premium Connectivity subscription

My Model 3 has Free Lifetime Premium Connectivity, I am thinking of listing it for sale and want to know if this will transfer to a new owner. I have checked the FAQ's on Tesla's page and can't really make any sense of it.
If you sale directly (private sale) next owner gets premium connectivity and FSD (and all upgrades).... if you sale via Tesla, Tesla asks to pay for FSD again, but premium connectivity stays as it was not an upgrade to start with (any paid upgrades are gone)....

but again, tesla changes the rules frequently... ideal to call and ask them.

The NZ connectivity page does mention second hand cars being eligible for premium connectivity.
it's pretty vague
It could mean Tesla removes free PC on second hand cars after 20th Jan 2020

* Used cars ordered on or after January 16, 2020 are eligible for Premium Connectivity subscription.