Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does premium package have xm sirius radio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the newer Sirius/XM portables they lowered the output of the FM modulator to the point that you cannot use it. You need to run a wire right to the antenna to get a signal. If you can find an ancient Sportster portable or similar, the power is high enough to reach cars nearby. They were forced years ago by the FCC to lower the power out.

On the newer Sirius/XM portables they lowered the output of the FM modulator to the point that you cannot use it. You need to run a wire right to the antenna to get a signal. If you can find an ancient Sportster portable or similar, the power is high enough to reach cars nearby. They were forced years ago by the FCC to lower the power out.

My friend had some model a LONG time ago that could do this. I thought I was remembering incorrectly because mine barely works in the car its installed into. Good to know I wasnt remembering wrong.

I purchased a 2018 S75D with pano roof. Does anyone out there know how I can get Sirius/XM activated. Tesla says they support but don't offer it....kind of stupid. By the sunroof if you want satellite radio, but we don't offer service. Any ideas?

Holy crap, I used to have a Sportster probably 12 years ago. I wonder if I still have that thing sitting in a box someplace.

I thought I was hot *sugar* when I hard-wired it into my radio's aux input back then.

I purchased a 2018 S75D with pano roof. Does anyone out there know how I can get Sirius/XM activated. Tesla says they support but don't offer it....kind of stupid. By the sunroof if you want satellite radio, but we don't offer service. Any ideas?[/QUOTE

If you have the XM tuner (which I believe you should) Go channel 0 on the XM tuner to see the radio id. Then either activate online or call. You can likely work yourself a better deal by calling.

I just configured my model 3 with premium and long range battery. Please tell me the premium stereo has xm sirius. I cannot give up Howard Stern like I have in my Model S.
No. But I’ve found things like Bloomberg on the TuneIn library...happy to have it free now. Commercials are different but just as annoying. I was getting tired of Big Lou and his wives...now .i have to hear about peloton bikes a million times.