Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does referral code work when ordering MY like M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes its same as for M3, and you can order via referral code. But you need to cancel your existing order and reorder using referral link. At this time Tesla is refusing to add referral to orders placed before it became available for MY.

The 1000 miles is based on model X power consumption (because its account specific, not car specific, and an owner can have multiple cars) which is ~400wh.

A model 3/Y should get somewhere closer to 250wh range. So the 1000 miles closer to 1600 free miles.

Most superchargers I've seen charge around 28 cents per kwh. So the value is ~$448.

The 1000 miles is based on model X power consumption (because its account specific, not car specific, and an owner can have multiple cars) which is ~400wh.

A model 3/Y should get somewhere closer to 250wh range. So the 1000 miles closer to 1600 free miles.

Most superchargers I've seen charge around 28 cents per kwh. So the value is ~$448.

dang, now I feel a bit zipped by Tesla. :(:(

I am a tesla solar customer. I have a rwd model y on order. Assuming the price is lower when they do announce it again, if I cancel my 2019 reservation, can I refer myself when I reorder?
If I do, do I get 2000 miles?

Tesla updated my friend's order and added a Referral Code when I called 30 minutes later and spoke with another person I was told that "they don't have that permission to add a referral code after an order has been placed" on MY's.

Seems like it really depends on who you talk to. I'm waiting for my friend to text me the name of the person he spoke to at my local SC.

Tesla updated my friend's order and added a Referral Code when I called 30 minutes later and spoke with another person I was told that "they don't have that permission to add a referral code after an order has been placed" on MY's.

Seems like it really depends on who you talk to. I'm waiting for my friend to text me the name of the person he spoke to at my local SC.

They did that initially, as this was ok when M3 was being ordered. I think with time the new directive came down to everyone to make sure not to make referral retroactive. I've tried twice to get referral added.

Well, if you self refer yourself ( assuming you already have a Tesla) do you get 2000 miles? If so, it maybe worth canceling and reordering again with code for existing Tesla owners. ( if you are in no hurry to get the car).